Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network connectivity keeps dropping

Graecaro
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Since the issue with the 3G/4G network was resolved, we've now been experiencing regular issues with the network dropping out on 3 phones on a business account. This is happening on 2 iPhone 6s (No Service), and a new iPhone X (...). It happens at home or out and about including when in central London.

When this occurs, turning off and on (or turning Airplane Mode on and off on the iPhone X) sometimes restores the network connection but doesn't always resolve it. One phone seems to have now has lost network connectivity alltogether. All phones work on WiFi.

On the iPhone 6s when the netwro is lost a message pops up 'iPhone is not activated contact your carrier if this problem continues to occur - ignore/continue 

Don't get that message on the iPhone X

These 3 phones are on a business account that was recently changed with the upgrade to the iPhone X. So wondering if this has somehow affected connectivity on all 3 phones

Any thoughts or anyone having similar issues? Beginning to think issue may be with the config on the business account 

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I'd start by calling customer services on 8002 to have your settings and data tariff checked.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I'd start by calling customer services on 8002 to have your settings and data tariff checked.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 7

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 3 of 7

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @Graecaro, did you get a chance to check in with Consumer Services since you last posted? Any progress?

Welcome to the forum!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 4 of 7

Graecaro
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Fixed! Problem started when I mistakenly ticked the box on my account page that added a data bar on the phones. I realised my error and contacted 8002 who told me they would remove the bar.

All seemed to be working OK for a day or so but then started to get the problems I mentioned. Over a couple of days I spoke with several people on 8002 but no one could understand the problem or see anything wrong with the account. Finally spoke with someone who spotted that the data bar had not been removed fully. He sorterd this over the phone and all working again.

So initially my ******-up, but took a while for support to spot where the issue lie. 

Message 5 of 7

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Good news slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 6 of 7

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 7 of 7