Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 7 crashed and not responding

Jamesoliver1975
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I removed the SIM card from my perfectly working iPhone 7 and placed it in my new SX Max. The next morning I discovered that the phone was completely in operative. My first response was to plug it in to the charger of which there was no response from the handset and no charging icons displayed. As you can imagine my frustration as my iPhone 7 has never failed me and never had any operating problems. It’s as if as soon as I use the new handset the old one has been told to crash!!!
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jamesoliver1975 Have you tried another charger with the phone? The battery may be dead & if you wanted a new one from Apple it would be costly 

Message 2 of 9

Jamesoliver1975
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Yep I have tried several different chargers including the new SX one. I would be very surprised if the battery has gone as I checked the health not that long ago and it was at 95%
Message 3 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122949 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@Jamesoliver1975

Try this first

1. Press and hold the Power button and the Volume Down button simultaneously for about 15 to 20 seconds.
  2. Release both buttons when the Apple logo appears.

If that doesn't work there are some other things to try in this article

https://www.ikream.com/2018/09/how-to-fix-an-iphone-7-plus-that-keeps-crashing-and-freezing-after-up...

Or a Youtube video here

Hope that helps and welcome to the forum Welcome

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144409 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
I've recently had one in for repair with the exact same problem. The cause was a bad connection between the CPU and motherboard. As this one was out of warranty, it wasn't worth spending money on it to repair but if you still have any warranty remaining, Apple should fix it for you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 9

dgilbert2
Level 13: Prompter
  • 936 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 6 Solutions

It might be in DFU recovery mode, where all you get is a black screen. If it is, just plug into your computer with iTunes installed and see if iTunes then reports it has detected the iPhone in recovery mode. It will then allow you to restore it. Worth a try.

Message 6 of 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144409 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
And prey you don't get a 4013 or 4014 error when it tries to update. But I guarantee it will be in recovery mode esp if it it the same CPU error.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 9

dgilbert2
Level 13: Prompter
  • 936 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 6 Solutions

Then the OP will know pensive

Message 8 of 9

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @Jamesoliver1975, have you made any progress with your iPhone 7 since you last posted? Did any of the suggestions above help?

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 9 of 9