Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Apple

Anonymous

Problems using mobile in Europe

Abroad in Europe, phone says " could not activate data network "

Roaming is activated. Currently in Europe. My mobile says - you are not subscribed to a mobile network. Please help. I have data . The mobile has picked up the local network. No internet available
Topics: 529
Solutions: 11,012

Re: Problems using mobile in Europe

Make sure data roaming is turned on and check what your data apn is.
Try a manual network search for alternative local networks and also reboot the phone a few times to see if it connects.
If your apn is idata.o2.co.uk try changing it to mobile.o2.co.uk or vice versa.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone7 (EE)
Anonymous

I had same in France twice. Despite doing manual search and reboots. Family also on O2 no such problem- so would be interested to see if re-boots worked for you. 

Another thought....
Check if you have data enabled for safari or the app you are trying to use as individual apps can be restricted in settings.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Community Manager

Hey @Anonymous and @Anonymous are you still having problems connecting to the networks today? 

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
iPhone 11 megathread! - Find out the latest info on the i Phone 11!
Priority gig tickets calendar - Check out the latest tickets available on Priority!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? Smiley Happy
signature

Anonymous

Yes. It still doesn't work and I don't think I should start deleting and resetting things in.case when I'm. Back it's another iSsue u see.
Community Manager

@Anonymous OK I'm not aware of any widespread issues but will double check with the rest of the team wink

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
iPhone 11 megathread! - Find out the latest info on the i Phone 11!
Priority gig tickets calendar - Check out the latest tickets available on Priority!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? Smiley Happy
signature

Something we often find (which has been confirmed today) is that users are on the wrong data bolt on - hence my suggestion to harmlessly change your apn.

You can look in your MyO2 http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2 under your tariff bolt ons and check if you have the correct bolt on for your phone (iPhone data for iPhone or standard data for Android and other devices).

Once the correct bolt on is selected, your data will work both home and abroad without any issues.

Contract Data BoltOn

Currently using:
Highlighted
Level 1: Joiner

Thanks MI5, changing the data network setting from ’idata’ to ‘mobile’ worked for me :-)

@HW2018 wrote:
Thanks MI5, changing the data network setting from ’idata’ to ‘mobile’ worked for me :-)

Pleased to hear it mate 😁

Currently using: