Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mobile service myrid problems

tinaaliceclarke
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Since I have had virgin mobile its been an awful service...i think about six years....now I can't hear people or they sound like they are talking through bubbles. Ditto same for them. I get phone calls but the phone does not ring, instead i get a mis call text message. The phone cuts off while ringing people or I can't connect... or i get no network. it gets very tiring. With my family i use whatsapp and have no problems calling through that. My husband is very ill and we have to be in contact with doctors...it gets very difficult getting through and then hearing them or them hearing us. I'm sick of it. We have a really good package because its old. I've a disount of 24 quid and i pay 8 quid and hubby about six and pays 7 ..i have a smart phone he has a nokia..both of us have had three phones while being with virgin...my husbands nokia was bought in dec...mine is about two yrs old...had the same problems throughout...but they are much worst now. I have escalated with 02 ....apparently virgin changed something and we speak to them now...however I can't speak directly to anyone that can look at the problem they have to ring me...they rang me...i never got a phone call....got the text message....guess what they deemed it fixed because ...haha they could not get a hold of me...complained again and still waiting to hear back..I'm thinking about paying giff gaff...but the i heard their backbone was 02 but my daughter has this and she has no problems. (does not live with us). What to do? I posted this on the virgin mobile site (found out about the switch over i had not been told about) and then found that there is this forum as well. So posted here too. I want this fixing.

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146086 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28111 Solutions

@tinaaliceclarke 

If you're still using your old Virgin sim, pop into any O2 store with photo ID and get a free swap to an O2 sim.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 146086 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28111 Solutions

@tinaaliceclarke 

If you're still using your old Virgin sim, pop into any O2 store with photo ID and get a free swap to an O2 sim.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 6

Oxonian
Level 31: Resolver
  • 7194 Posts
  • 137 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

@tinaaliceclarke 

In addition to getting a new SIM, you might want to look at :-

Guide: How can I sort out my network issues? 

Guide: Is the network down for me or everyone? 

Message 3 of 6

tinaaliceclarke
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

No one accept you two has told me i can get a new sim. I didn't even know I can go to a O2 phone shop, I presumed I should go to a virgin phone shop. The people at O2 when i phoned and requested an investigation TWICE, after the first time they deemed it fixed when it plainly isn't in fact after asking for help it seemed to get worse....the guy who was supposed to ring me could not get through (rolls eyes). I'm still waiting about four or five weeks later for someone to get back to me. No text messages either. Seems weird both our phones (third phone with these issues, but same sims) have these problems. The biggest question is why on earth didn't the guy on the phone tell me to go do this? Is it that simple? Another reason to visit Stockport and find a O2 shop I guess. Thanks for the help. The network whilst it doesn't connect from time to time is not my biggest issue. Someone told me that the masts around here are dismal...though my daughter who uses giff gaff which is o2 backbone never has trouble. I forget what normal phone service is like its been so long. thanks again.

Message 4 of 6

MI5
  • 146086 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28111 Solutions

You're welcome @tinaaliceclarke even though.....

Message 5 of 6

Oxonian
  • 7194 Posts
  • 137 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

@tinaaliceclarke wrote:

Another reason to visit Stockport and find a O2 shop I guess. 

@tinaaliceclarke 

This might help :-

Store locator | O2 UK | Find Your Nearest O2 Store

https://stores.o2.co.uk/

Unit 81 Merseyway Shopping Precinct, Stockport SK1 1QW ; plus five other O2 retail stores within seven miles of Stockport. 👍

Message 6 of 6