Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile Data Stuck on Activating

JMF2
Level 1: Joiner
  • 12 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I purchased an Apple Watch SE which arrived on Monday. I spoke to someone on Monday and again yesterday about the fact that it doesn’t recognise my mobile data plan. When I try to “set up mobile service” on app it has some variant on “oops something went wrong” and then a variety of error codes (8, 15, 91, 92, 93). I’ve spoken to o2 twice and was passed from department to department. I am now undergoing a 72 hour wait for someone to get back to me which is infuriating because looking through the threads this seems like a fairly well-known and prevalent issue. O2 are quick to take the money and slow to support when there are problems. Can anyone suggest things I can try on the meantime? 

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36426 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1612 Solutions

We can tag an O2 Advisor here, @JMF2 - the next one on duty is @O2Sarah- from 8am tomorrow, keep a watch here for a message from her seeking more info.

Message 2 of 25

O2Sarah-
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Thanks again @pgn I will pick this up 

@JMF2 I will send you a private message so we can look into this. 

Message 3 of 25

Slb89
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Also having exactly the same problem and awaiting a 72 hour call back. Very frustrating and disappointing customer service from the call centre. Some posts have said unpairing the watch and repairing. I’ve tried a few times to no avail. 

Message 4 of 25

pgn
  • 36426 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1612 Solutions

@Slb89 wrote:

Also having exactly the same problem and awaiting a 72 hour call back. Very frustrating and disappointing customer service from the call centre. Some posts have said unpairing the watch and repairing. I’ve tried a few times to no avail. 

And one for @O2Emma - nice to see 2 Advisors running in parallel, thanks to Apple 😬

Message 5 of 25

O2Emma
Former Staff
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Hi @pgn I will pick this up thanks.

Hi @Slb89 I will send you a private message to look into this for you.

signature
Message 6 of 25

JMF2
  • 12 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Slb89 @I’m now in the position of waiting 5+ days to speak to a technician. I’ve just used Apple’s support chat to ask about the issue and they indicated the fault is very much with o2, not Apple. I’m just in the process of supplying feedback on the issue to Apple because it reflects negatively on their product. I hope you have more luck than I have! 

Message 7 of 25

Ellekitten9
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi I am having the same issue. Rung the shop and 202 twice but not solved? I wouldn't mind but I wanna use it if I am a paying a monthly fee for the e sim

Message 8 of 25

pgn
  • 36426 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1612 Solutions

@Ellekitten9 - the O2 Advisor, @O2Emma, on this evening may be able to get things moving for you. 

It seems an update released by Apple has changed some of the many error codes, so it may take a few days. Good luck!

Message 9 of 25

JMF2
  • 12 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Slb89 @Did you get yours fixed? 

Message 10 of 25