Anonymous

Re: Apple Event Megathread 2018

[ Edited ]

So no big surprises then?

any small phones?

Topics: 48
Kudos: 589

@Anonymous Nothing out of the ordinary that most of the leaks didn’t tell us lol.

@Chris_K  Can you find out if o2 will block the dual sim on there phones when it’s realesed. 

Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Anonymous

I guess the esim is just another way to reduce crud inside phones much like trying to rid them of headphone jacks..

Doesn’t look like like the networks are too happy about this advance. 2 networks in the US trying to block their introduction.

Highlighted
Topics: 77

@mavayr wrote:
Your working the FX the wrong way round, $1099 is £842 using XE. Add VAT to £842 and you get £1,010. Then remember that banks don’t give you mid-market, but a marginalised rate and you’ll find that ££1,099 isn’t that far away.

Nonsense, no one else does a straight 1:1.

My Note9 cost approximately £899 vs $999, Samsung accounted for the exchange rate. 

Same with the Sony XZ3, it will cost $799 vs £699

In most products, a nominal difference is acknowledged..

Topics: 48
Kudos: 589

Announcement just now on twitter about the esim coming to o2 soon

FE926A73-AD17-4876-B954-EDCF2E07E829.jpeg

Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Anonymous

@darrengf wrote:

Announcement just now on twitter about the esim coming to o2 soon

FE926A73-AD17-4876-B954-EDCF2E07E829.jpeg

That’ll be live in 2021 then!

Level 1: Joiner

[ Edited ]

O2 used to be at the forefront with Apple - they were the only network to provide fully featured visual voice mail, not just voice mail badges. I have two phones and have been almost desperate to get a dual sim iPhone - eSim for my home contract and a sim tray for local data when travelling. I buy my phones outright from the Apple store, not from the network providers, so they can't turn off things they feel like! O2 are just way too far behind now, even with 'promises' of 1st half 2019, so after 24 years with O2 (since BT Cellnet days), I'm off to EE......

Level 1: Joiner

Re: Apple Event Megathread 2018 - Apple Watch 4

Glad to hear O2 will be able to supply the new iPhones, although I am happy to wait until the rush and dust settles before investing.

My more immediate requirement is to purchase an Apple Watch 4.

Regardless of where this Watch is purchased I need to find out if it can be 'appended/accommodated/whatever' by my existing O2 Account.

Any help or advice will be greatfully received.

Thanks for your time, best wishes, G

O2 Social Media Team

Re: Apple Event Megathread 2018 - Apple Watch 4

Evening all,

Great to see so much interest on what Apple announced tonight. I've updated the original post (which I'll update as/when more info is available, including links once they're live) and also added a large Q&A section which I hope answers most questions most of you may have. This will again be updated as/when we have more details to share.

Q&A here.

CommunitySig_Animated_2.gif

Anonymous

Re: Apple iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max & iPhone XR Megathread

Q. Will you be ranging the Apple Watch Series 4?
A. O2 will not be ranging the Apple Watch Series 4 from launch but we continue to review our range of products and services to ensure that they meet the needs of our customers.

You said the same with series 3 last year so in basic terms it’s a no then