Did you mean: 

Community Recap: August 2022

Breanna
Former Staff
  • 1808 Posts
  • 117 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

Hey everyone!

It’s still technically Summer but it’s making its exit as we speak. We had so much fun summer content and some great discussions on the community in August so let's take a look at the topics that caught mine, @RafaC and @Martin-O2's attention. If you think we've missed something, please share it on the comment section below

Amazing Content Created by You

The Games 🎮

8 Summer Riddles on the 8/8 at 8:08pm

@Comben's debut hosting an activity on the Community was a great success. These took some real thinking but you all were too quick with the answers so sadly it was not 8 Pages of 8 Summer Riddles on the 8/8 at 8:08pm.

August Summer Gardening: Summer Leaf Quiz

Do you know your leaves? Might you have ever pondered which may be more comfortable to wear? @TallTrees took us through some of the trees in their garden with some very clever clues.

Find the lyric - Summer Edition

A fun one for those who enjoy a good summer bop. Be careful reading through the clues if you’re likely to get songs stuck in your head! 

The Laughs laughing

SUMMER NATURE THOUGHT : God talks to St. Francis

& Summer Joke : NO oh NO

@TallTrees treated us to some spit-take summer jokes. Honestly, they speak for themselves so if you haven’t checked them out, go give them a read.

The Beach ‌🏖

Not so much a laugh as a fond smile but it looks like many of us have made lots of good memories at beaches all around the world. Life Pro Tip: Learn some beachy phrases in the local language so you won’t end up gazing wistfully at the paddleboarders instead of joining them.

The Discussions 🤔

What phone next ?

Looking to upgrade your phone but don’t know which to choose? This discussion thread may just be one of the places to check out. First-hand experience is definitely the way to go when you’re not sure what to go with.

Strictly 2022

Strictly Come Dancing is coming back for its 20th season in September. We got the VIP treatment with this discussion of each contestant. Will you be watching the launch show on September 17?

5G  same sim different phone

Comparing phone specs on paper can be hard to riddle out so having hands-on testing experiences is always a great asset to the Community. If you’re considering either a Samsung or Nothing phone, go give this one a read.

The Events 📅

🎵‌ 🫧 The O2 Community Apple Music Playlist 🫧 ‌🎵

Our new Community Playlist is full of good vibes. Head over and give it a listen! Drop a comment on the thread to tell us what you think or suggest a song and don’t forget to sign up for 6 months of Apple Music with O2.

🌞 A month full of Summer on the O2 Community ‌🌞

The Summer event is in the books for 2022 with a total of 18 topics posted by our awesome community. Check out a nice wrap-up post here or, if you’re up for a brain-bender, the final Summer instalment of Mi-Amigo’s White Room Quiz here.

News, Updates and Announcements 🗞

What’s New?

Introducing O2 Switch Up. Swap phones whenever you want!

Upgrade any time with O2 Switch Up. The Switch Up bolt-on is available for new and upgrading customers on an eligible Custom Plan, and comes included in Plus Plans. Almost too-good-to-be-true for those of us who want a chance to try out all the new devices.

Samsung Unpacked 2022: Unfolding 10 Aug @ 2pm

Samsung announced its new flagship lineup for 2022, led by the Galaxy Z Fold 4. The flip model also got an upgrade with the Galaxy Z Flip 4. New watches and earbuds also boast more comfort and longer battery life.

O2 Roam Freely Lounge - Depart from LGW in style

In a new addition to the ‘Roam Freely’ campaign, O2 announced the opening of their limited edition lounge space in Gatwick North Terminal. For those not traveling from LGW, there is also lounge access available globally with SmartDelay

It’s always great taking a look back at the past month. And to everyone who participated in the Summer Event, a huge thanks! Now who’s ready to see the new iPhones 👀?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Comben
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 428 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thank you Bre for collating all of this into a fun breakdown of what the Summer Event looked like.

I'm so proud I was a part of it and enjoyed all the other content too, there really were some amazing games, stories, tips and discussions so a MASSIVE thank you to everyone for making my summer that much brighter.

Hope to be there for the next big event too but until then I'll be hanging out with plenty to do on the O2 boards.... See you around. 😁

"I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious"
Albert Einstein
Message 2 of 4

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122949 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@Breanna 

A really active and fun packed summer on the community. Many thanks to everyone who provided such great content.

I gave this year a miss (for personal reasons) but was very happy to join in with everything posted.

I see you mention the release of the new iPhone, so I have to ask if the team will be producing an Iphone FAQ megathread, which we do every year?

We find it helps us when we answer hundreds of questions about the same thing? It also helps the customers.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 4

Breanna
Former Staff
  • 1808 Posts
  • 117 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

@Comben So glad you enjoyed it!

Hey @Cleoriff we're happy you could join in any way you're able.

The megathread is definitely coming. Can't break tradition!

Message 4 of 4