Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Roam Freely Lounge - Depart from LGW in style

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

O2 eliminates the stress of travel this summer with the ‘O2 Roam Freely Lounge’ - a limited-edition holiday haven at Gatwick Airport

Picture1.jpg

O2 today launches the latest chapter in its ‘Roam Freely’ campaign with a one off limited-edition airport lounge space in a media first for a telecommunications brand. The ‘O2 Roam Freely Lounge’ is located in Gatwick North Terminal and will offer O2 customers, their friends and family a haven to relax in before jet setting off on holiday, ensuring that the holiday magic starts right at the airport.

Building on the O2 ‘Roam Freely’ promise of cost-free, hassle-free travel, the lounge will allow guests to kickstart the holiday excitement by offering holiday-makers the first drink of their holiday, snap-worthy scenery and travel-themed decor to hint at all the adventures ahead. Parents travelling with children will be able to use the Disney+ room which includes movies for everyone to enjoy and turn any delays into a world of entertainment. For those who want to keep streaming beyond the lounge, O2 also offers new and upgrading customers six months of Disney+ on O2 for free. Comfortable seating to relax, free WiFi, and charging points, as well as special holiday deals such as Duolingo and hire car discounts will also be available.

To gain entry, O2 Priority customers can download a valid QR code available through O2 Priority which will then be validated at the ‘Welcome Desk’ at the Lounge. You can access the offer here. The lounge is live from today until 30th September, and O2 customers will be able to bring friends and family they are travelling with into the lounge as well as pre-loaded O2 network SIM cards so they can also benefit from free roaming., even if they are on a different network.

For those not travelling from Gatwick North Terminal or worried about their outbound flight being delayed, O2 is offering free lounge access for Priority members and up to three travel companions at airports globally with SmartDelay, providing a place to relax if their flight is delayed by 60 minutes or more.

Simon Groves, Director of Brand and Marketing at Virgin Media O2 said:

“The summer holidays are in full swing and it’s exciting to see so many people travelling again, however I know I’m not alone in worrying about the stress of busy airports. That’s why we’re so thrilled to welcome O2 customers to our special lounge at Gatwick airport to offer them a relaxing haven, complete with everything needed to get that holiday feeling before take-off. At O2 we’re truly committed to taking the hassle out of holidaying. It starts with our inclusive EU roaming charges, and ends with our preflight oasis at Gatwick. After two Covid disrupted years for travel, we’re delighted to be able to give our customers that extra benefit to make their holidays even more special.”

Daryn Lawrence, Creative Director at VCCP London added:

“Love holidays, but loath airport travel? Yeah me too. Instead of airports being a place to begrudge we thought we’d flip the script and allow O2 customers to embrace the magic of travel right at the start with a relaxing lounge, equipped with everything needed to kickstart that holiday feeling. O2 is all about cost-free, hassle free travel and our Lounge is the perfect extension of the Roam Freely promise.”

In addition to the O2 Roam Freely Lounge and SmartDelay perk, O2 has partnered with Holiday Extras to offer Virgin Media and O2 customers three months of hassle-free holiday savings via Priority, including discounts of up to 35% off airport parking and 15% off car hire, travel insurance, airport transfers and airport hotels so Priority members can pocket some savings ahead of their holiday.

To access these rewards, those on O2 can register using their mobile number. For Virgin Media cable customers they can download the Priority app via their relevant app store and register using the email address that is linked to their My Virgin Media account.

Full Press Release can be found here.

Check out some of our photos below. How good does our new lounge look?! 😍

FZx5SD-UIAAM2Nv.jfifFZx5RfiVEAAKoVq.jfifFZx5RfjVUAAF-8Q.jfifFZx5RfmVUAACX3_.jfif

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10178 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

Its no Concorde Lounge  or BA First lounge, but it looks cool slight_smile 

Any one travelling through LGW will be happy.... 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 6

mobilemandan
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 48 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

Love the design, if anyone from o2 wants someone to go take selfies and promote i will be happy to fly somewhere if you can cover the flight and hotel lol 😂

Message 3 of 6

adec
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 129 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

Looks good! ..now if only my passport hadn't expired..... grr.. 

Crown Communication - an O2 Select Partner
Message 4 of 6

timmons2002
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello Chris, do you know how the SmartDelay service works?  When I go to try and register a flight at https://o2priority.smartdelay.com/  the first thing I'm asked for is a "Priority Code", but there's no information on where to get this.

Thanks!

Message 5 of 6

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10178 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

@timmons2002 

I can't even find it in the Priority App, so not sure if the offer is still live.

I would drop smartdelaysupport@collinsongroup.com  and email and see if they can offer any advice.

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 6 of 6