Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 14 & Apple Watch - Megathread

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

If your iPhone order is taking longer to arrive than expected, please see our update here regarding the ongoing global supply chain issues currently being experienced by Apple.

iPhone 14

We're pleased to confirm Apple’s latest iPhone family - iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Plus, iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max - are all available to order on O2. See more details and shop links below.

Links for Pay Monthly customers
iPhone 14
iPhone 14 Plus
iPhone 14 Pro
iPhone 14 Pro Max
14.png 14plus.png 14pro.png 14promax.png
Links for Business customers
iPhone 14
iPhone 14 Plus
iPhone 14 Pro
iPhone 14 Pro Max

Watch Series 8, Watch SE & Watch Ultra

We're also pleased to confirm Apple’s newest Watch family are also available on O2 - that includes the Apple Watch Series 8, new Apple Watch SE and Apple Watch Ultra. More details on the links below.

Watch Series 8 - Stainless Steel
Watch Series 8 - Sport 45MM
Watch Series 8 - Sport 41MM
W8Stainless.png W8Sport45.png W8Sport41.png

Watch SE 2nd Gen
Watch Ultra
SE2nd.png apple-watch-ultra-black-gray-trail-loop-sku-header-080922.png

Questions?

We know iPhone announcements and new launches are very exciting and we know you may have loads of questions, so before you call, tweet or facebook us, please check our extensive Q&A section below in case your question already has an answer.

Did you know that we have a dedicated Sales Team you can reach via the O2 Twitter and O2 Facebook social media profiles? If you're due an upgrade or simply want to check your options, then feel free to get in touch and we'll see what's what.

Community_STS_UPDATED2_01.png
Community_STS_UPDATED_03.png Community_STS_UPDATED_05.png Community_STS_UPDATED_07.png

We will add more Q&A's over time but if you've got a question not listed, please feel free to reply to this thread and let us know.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 182
181 REPLIES 181

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

If you know what section you're after, jump straight to it with the links below:

1. Main questions
  2. Discount / Cost / Pricing Info
  3. Upgrade Info
  4. Pre-order / Availability / Order Info
  5. Device & Other Questions

Main Questions 🔝

Q. Are you going to be stocking the new iPhone 14 range?
A. 
Yes. O2 will be ranging the iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Pro, iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max which will be available to pre-order from Friday 9 September. See further details on our main shop page, and for Business customers on our O2 Business shop page

Q. What about the new Apple Watches that got announced, will you be stocking those?

A. We will be ranging the new Apple Watch Series 8, Apple Watch SE 2nd Gen and Apple Watch Ultra, which are all available to pre-order from today, Thursday 8 September. You can view the range here or via the links above on the main post 

Q. How does your extended warranty work on iPhone 14?
A. 
Our ‘Plus Plans’ (more info here) include an extended 3-year warranty, regardless of tenure. So if for example you pre-order an iPhone 14 and customise your plan length to only 12 months, then you can rest assured that your device will still be under warranty with us for the full three years.

Q. What else do I get with a Plus Plan?
A. 
Our Plus Plans include the best bits of O2. Choose a Plus Plan and get:

• O2 Switch Up at no extra cost
  • International roaming to 75 countries, including the USA
  • A three-year warranty with your next phone
  • An Extra on us for up to six months
  • Up to six months' free Apple Services

Discount / Cost / Pricing Info 🔝

Q. Do you have any O2 Recycle offers with the new iPhone?

A. You can trade in your old iPhone and save up to £330 on your plan (save up to £290 for non-iPhone trade-in). With our ‘integrated recycle’ option, instead of receiving one lump sum payment for your old device, you can take the value of your old device and spread it out across the duration of your new plan. More info on this new way to recycle here.

Q. When will I be able to use my O2 Open or student discount on the new iPhone?
A.
O2 Open and Student discount will not be available from launch. Keep an eye open here or on our Social Media feeds for any future updates or changes to this.

Q. A friend/family member works for you. Can I get my friends & family discount?
A. 
Friends & Family Discounts will be available as normal. Please discuss with your friend or family member that works for O2 who will be able to give more info and apply for this.

Q. Is the new iPhone eligible for Multisave discounts?
A. 
Yes. Find out more about our Multisave discount and how it works here

Q. Why should I stay with or join O2?
A. 
With the new iPhone 14, plus all our device range on Pay Monthly, we put you in control so that you can design a plan to suit your needs. Here’s why you should join or stay with O2:

• Spread the balance for up to 36 months to keep the cost down – or choose as little as three months if you want to pay it off quicker
  • Choose how much to pay upfront (down to £0 if you’re upgrading), giving you more freedom and flexibility
  • Pick your data allowance to finish building your customised plan. You can even change it up and down every month if that’s your style
  • Get up to six months of Apple Music, on us
  • Plus Plans available on eligible devices, giving you a three year warranty, roaming at no extra cost in 75 countries, and an O2 Extra for up to 6 months
  • Switch Up – a free bolt-on for Plus Plan customers (or £3.99/mo for new and upgrading O2 Custom Plan customers) allows you to switch to a new device whenever you want without any additional charges. Find out more here.
  • And don’t forget, with O2 you also get My O2, O2 Priority, first dibs on ticket sales before general release, and more freedom in how/where to buy, and how to get in touch with us should you need to

Upgrade Info

🔝

Q. Will you have enough stock for everyone who wants an iPhone 14?
A. 
At launch, stock is always in very high demand so we recommend customers pre-order as soon as possible once pre-orders go live. Pre-ordering will not guarantee you launch day delivery. We'll display your estimated delivery timeframe at the time of pre-order and that's when we expect to deliver it to you, though in rare circumstances it can take longer. We’ll update you on your order as and when there’s progress.

Q. I want to upgrade but want to check all my available options
A. 
As upgrades are very much account specific and the details can vary from person to person, we'd recommend checking your My O2 app for upgrade options. We also have a dedicated Social Media Sales team you can chat with to explore all available options. Get in touch with us now on Twitter or here on Facebook.

Q. What if I want to upgrade earlier than my upgrade date?
A. 
With Custom Plans from O2, you can upgrade at any time by simply paying off the remainder of your device plan agreement. You can off-set much or some of this cost by using O2 Recycle to trade-in your existing device, or use the value of your device to reduce your monthly cost. The option is yours.

When you join or upgrade with us to the new iPhone 14, you’ll have the chance to add our Switch Up bolt-on for £3.99/mo which allows you to switch to a new device whenever you want without any additional charges. Find out more here.

Pre-order / Availability / Order Info 🔝

Q. Can I select Premium delivery for my new iPhone during pre-order?
A. 
No, premium delivery options will not be available from pre-order for Consumer or Business.

Q. I pre-ordered at *date/time*. When will I get my new iPhone?
A. 
When you start your pre-order journey we display an expected delivery date on the main product page. We know pre-ordering the latest iPhone is always an exciting time but please take note of that delivery estimate, as it’s what we aim to deliver within. After you’ve ordered, the next order update you’ll receive will be when your order is being prepared for delivery, so please be patient and keep an eye open for that update.

Q. How do I stay up to date on my order?
A. 
You can keep an eye on your My O2 order status, and we’ll also keep you updated as and when there’s progress with your order. Please note that if we show you an up to 3-week delivery estimate (for example), don’t be alarmed if you don’t receive any updates within that timescale – you’ll only receive an order update once your order progresses.

Device & Other Questions 🔝

Q. Will you support 5G and eSIM on the iPhone 14 range?

A. Yes, absolutely! You can find out more about O2 5G, including the locations where 5G is currently live – with more locations being activated regularly.

We launched 5G eSIM in September 2020 and you can request a 5G eSIM in the same way as you would for a 4G one. More details on eSIM here.

Q. Will I be able to unlock the iPhone 14?
A. 
Most of our devices now arrive unlocked – including these new iPhones - but if you receive a device that is locked, you can unlock this free of charge. More info here.

Q. Will it have Wifi and 4G Calling?
A. 
The new iPhone 14 range will launch with Wifi and 4G Calling enabled

Q. Can I use an O2 eSIM and a *other network* physical SIM, or vice versa?
A. Absolutely. You're free to mix and match how you'd like. Want to have an O2 eSIM and be able to use a 'local network' physical SIM when you go on holiday or business trips abroad? Easy. Want to use another networks' eSIM but use a physical O2 one? Done. Or vice versa? Yep, you can do that too.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 2 of 182

garetc
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 97 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

There seems to be a lack of traffic on the iPhone 14 in here this year!

Did anyone pre-order and how did it go? 

iPhone 15 Pro Max (EE/Vodafone)
Samsung S24 Ultra (O2/Three)
Message 3 of 182

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10180 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

Its a dull phone from Apple, and they seem to have nicked a lot from Google, and Apple have lost their way, with no innovation and nothing WOW... 

Some of the reviews have been scathing so far, have a neb at TechSpurt on Youtube....

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 4 of 182

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93248 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

I guess we will get a lot more traffic once the 'when will my phone be here' brigade starts up

Especially when stock is short or non-existant

Message 5 of 182

angeloedades
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 37 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Can anyone help me understand this, possibly generic, email?

I got "Sorry to bring bad news, your order is out of stock" after pre-ordering at 1300.

When I confirmed the purchase it was showing as available in 3 weeks (which is either 3 weeks frompre-orders beginning or 3 weeks from the first delivery). Is that still the case after that email?

Message 6 of 182

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93248 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

Sounds like it's just a generic email unless pre-orders outnumber inial stock deliveries

Looks like you should contact the sales team as they can help with that – message them on Social Media if that works best for you

See links below

Or you can call them from 8am to 8pm on 0808 002 0202 or 0800 081 0255

Message 7 of 182

angeloedades
  • 37 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'll do that - I went to an O2 shop yesterday but the guy was clueless.

Message 8 of 182

SaintRC
  • 37 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I pre-ordered the iPhone 14 Pro Max in Space Black on Friday and was quoted delivery for the 16th 😃

Now we wait...

The new Dynamic Island feature looks very cool and is an innovative take on the front camera cut out. I actually think with Dynamic Island, 48MP camera, always-on display, new colours etc it's a worthy upgrade and much more of an upgrade than last year's model.

Message 9 of 182

ChrisMcQuillan
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My orders of both are suddenly showing as cancelled?!

Message 10 of 182