Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oops - Free screen replacement from O2

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

We know how much you love your phone. And we know accidents happen. That's why we’re giving you free accidental damage cover, with selected phones and tariffs. This means you'll be covered for up to 24 months, in which time you'll be able to make one claim. So it won't be the end of the world if your brand new phone slips out of your hands... Oops!

Wow, amazing! What phones is this offer available on?!
Glad you asked. You can find a full list of phones this is available on right here

What if I pre-ordered the Samsung Galaxy Note8 already?
If you already pre-ordered this online or over the phone on our 30GB or 50GB O2 Refresh tariff, you can get this free cover. Or pay £5 to upgrade it, so you’re also covered if your phone is lost or stolen. Already ordered insurance with your new Note8? Don’t worry, you can switch it. We’ll be in touch, but you can also call us on 03332 341 478 to request your cover now.

If you've ever had your own "Oops" moment, let us know down below. What was my own Oops moment? It happened about 3 weeks ago - my phone was in my hand, I went to turn the lights off to go out with some friends, my phone slipped, and it fell onto the table below. I heard that unmistakable cracking sound and I knew it was bad, before even seeing it. And then I saw the damage and my heart sank. With our Oops free screen replacement on eligible handsets and tariffs, this is a feeling you won't need to worry about!

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122758 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

Excellent service @Caiicera wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 31 of 33

Wil
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Not sure it is such a great deal.

Previously I paid more for insurance, around £12-15 per month, but could claim more than once if I paid an excess.

When I signed up I didn't realise that my insurance would be downgraded by accepting the offer.

With this offer my insurance went down to £5 per month (theft or loss only) and included the one free screen replacement. 

I have just broken my screen for a second time and I cannot claim on O2 insure because of this offer.

In my previous contract I would have been fine.

Admittedly this is my fault for not reading more into the details of the insurance but after 15 years with O2 it leaves a very sour taste in the mouth.

Message 32 of 33

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144064 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
I had to claim my free screen too and it was fully explained to me at the time that my £5 policy no longer covered damage, so it was all clear to me.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 33 of 33