Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPad Pro 2018 - Pre-order on 2 November

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

On Tuesday 30 October, Apple held a special event in which they announced new Macbook's & Mac Mini's. They also unveiled two brand new iPad's which are their best ones yet, and which mark the biggest change to iPad since, well, iPad.

The new iPad Pro's will be available to pre-order on O2 from this Friday, 2 November, on the links below.

Links for Pay Monthly customers
iPad Pro 11" 2018
iPad Pro 12.9" 2018
ipadpro11-silver-sku-header.png
ipadpro129-spacegray-sku-header.png
Links for Business customers
Coming Soon
Coming Soon

Original Post & live updates below

More info

Hey guys,

Exciting stuff could be happening soon. Right now Apple are hosting another special event. Who knows what will happen, but if there's anything juicy, we'll update this thread as and when we can.

Stay tuned, and watch the live stream here right nowhttps://www.apple.com/apple-events/ 

Live Updates

More info
14:05: Tim Cook on stage talking about the MacOS Mojave update. Dark Mode looks great.
14:10: It's official - an all new Macbook Air just got announced with Retina display "and a whole lot more"
14:12: 4x the resolution for over 4 million pixels. Text & images sharper and more lifelike than ever
14:14: Touch ID on new macbook
14:20: Every new Macbook Air will be made from 100% recycled aluminium
14:25: New Mac Mini announced - all the power of a large desktop in a tiny package
14:43: Here we go, Tim Cook is starting to talk about the current iPad line-up
14:44: It's official - a new iPad!!!
14:45: The new iPad Pro. It's here, and it looks stunning.
14:46: The new iPad Pro comes in an 11" display - packing the same footprint as the previous iPad Pro, but with a larger display thanks to slimmer bezels
14:48: The new iPad Pro also comes in a new and improved 12.9" version, with 25% less volume than its predecessor 
14:50: No home button, so welcome gestures to help you get around
14:50: The A12X chipset powers these new iPads and offers a huge jump in performance and efficiency
14:54: Up to 1TB storage on an iPad. ON AN iPAD!!
14:54: New iPad Pro's moving to USB-C from Lightning connector. You can even charge your iPad from your iPad on the go
14:54: New 2nd-gen Apple Pencil. Snaps to iPad via magnets and charges wirelessly from the iPad

Update 31 October: We know everyone is excited about the new iPad Pro's - and we are too. They will be heading to O2 and we will share more info on availability soon. Watch this space.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 350
349 REPLIES 349

Anonymous
Not applicable

Everyone knew it was a new MacBook & iPad so no shocker here

Message 2 of 350

AngryWarlock
  • 81 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Sooooo. about that nice new Ipad Pro 12". ............ We all knew it was coming, so are you ready for pre orders tomorrow for delivery next Wednesday ?

Or are we reverting to "watch the website" ?

Message 3 of 350

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Not watch the website... But, stand by for any updates or announcements.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 4 of 350

Anonymous
Not applicable

Finally moving to USB-C took them long enough

Message 5 of 350

jamets515
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 20 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Very interested to see if O2 will be getting this on launch day. My current iPad Pro is close enough to being out of contract that I might pay off the remainder and order the new one.

Message 6 of 350

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Summary here: https://www.theverge.com/2018/10/30/18024190/apple-ipad-pro-macbook-air-event-highlights-news-update...

Disappointed in the MacBook Air. I was hoping they'd have an 11" screen which I find useful when travelling but 13.3" is a touch too big for my liking as a portable. They've enlarged the trackpad and I hate trackpads so I'm bemused on who was asking for that. 

Ipad Pro looks better value but once you add in the keyboard/pencil and for me the lack of a command line for running quick linux commands, its not likely to be on my shopping list as a MacBook Air replacement either.  (The MacBook Pro is a big too heavy/expensive for my liking and given the comments about quality of late, Im avoiding it). USB-C a good move though and effectively EOL's the rest of the iPad lineup during the next year.

However, Mac Mini does seriously interest me though but more of a semi-dedicated machine for music/video than general use. Need to visit an Apple store to decide. 

Message 7 of 350

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sheepdog wrote:

Summary here: https://www.theverge.com/2018/10/30/18024190/apple-ipad-pro-macbook-air-event-highlights-news-update...

Disappointed in the MacBook Air. I was hoping they'd have an 11" screen which I find useful when travelling but 13.3" is a touch too big for my liking as a portable. They've enlarged the trackpad and I hate trackpads so I'm bemused on who was asking for that. 

Ipad Pro looks better value but once you add in the keyboard/pencil and for me the lack of a command line for running quick linux commands, its not likely to be on my shopping list as a MacBook Air replacement either.  (The MacBook Pro is a big too heavy/expensive for my liking and given the comments about quality of late, Im avoiding it). USB-C a good move though and effectively EOL's the rest of the iPad lineup during the next year.

However, Mac Mini does seriously interest me though but more of a semi-dedicated machine for music/video than general use. Need to visit an Apple store to decide. 

The MacBook is smaller and lighter, and the entry model is only another £50 more than the new MacBook Air, and so would seem better value if portability is the main consideration. I'd have preferred to have seen a cheaper version of the MacBook Air, so that there's a model to suit every budget.

https://www.apple.com/uk/mac/compare/results/?product1=macbook&product2=macbook-air-retina-13

Message 8 of 350

Anonymous
Not applicable

The new iPad Pro looks impressive, but with a starting price of £769, the cost is more than double what I paid for an iPad Air 2. Mind you, considering the silly money that we're expected to shell out for mobile phones, maybe it's not so expensive after all thinking

Perhaps once I've traded in my current iPad, I might be able to afford some of the accessories wink

Message 9 of 350

AngryWarlock
  • 81 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The Ipad Pro and Mini are aimed at VERY different customers. If your Mini worked for you and your needs havent changed it would be like going from a city car to a Formula One car.

It IS expensive, but you get a LOT more.

Message 10 of 350