Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPad Pro 2018 - Pre-order on 2 November

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

On Tuesday 30 October, Apple held a special event in which they announced new Macbook's & Mac Mini's. They also unveiled two brand new iPad's which are their best ones yet, and which mark the biggest change to iPad since, well, iPad.

The new iPad Pro's will be available to pre-order on O2 from this Friday, 2 November, on the links below.

Links for Pay Monthly customers
iPad Pro 11" 2018
iPad Pro 12.9" 2018
ipadpro11-silver-sku-header.png
ipadpro129-spacegray-sku-header.png
Links for Business customers
Coming Soon
Coming Soon

Original Post & live updates below

More info

Hey guys,

Exciting stuff could be happening soon. Right now Apple are hosting another special event. Who knows what will happen, but if there's anything juicy, we'll update this thread as and when we can.

Stay tuned, and watch the live stream here right nowhttps://www.apple.com/apple-events/ 

Live Updates

More info
14:05: Tim Cook on stage talking about the MacOS Mojave update. Dark Mode looks great.
14:10: It's official - an all new Macbook Air just got announced with Retina display "and a whole lot more"
14:12: 4x the resolution for over 4 million pixels. Text & images sharper and more lifelike than ever
14:14: Touch ID on new macbook
14:20: Every new Macbook Air will be made from 100% recycled aluminium
14:25: New Mac Mini announced - all the power of a large desktop in a tiny package
14:43: Here we go, Tim Cook is starting to talk about the current iPad line-up
14:44: It's official - a new iPad!!!
14:45: The new iPad Pro. It's here, and it looks stunning.
14:46: The new iPad Pro comes in an 11" display - packing the same footprint as the previous iPad Pro, but with a larger display thanks to slimmer bezels
14:48: The new iPad Pro also comes in a new and improved 12.9" version, with 25% less volume than its predecessor 
14:50: No home button, so welcome gestures to help you get around
14:50: The A12X chipset powers these new iPads and offers a huge jump in performance and efficiency
14:54: Up to 1TB storage on an iPad. ON AN iPAD!!
14:54: New iPad Pro's moving to USB-C from Lightning connector. You can even charge your iPad from your iPad on the go
14:54: New 2nd-gen Apple Pencil. Snaps to iPad via magnets and charges wirelessly from the iPad

Update 31 October: We know everyone is excited about the new iPad Pro's - and we are too. They will be heading to O2 and we will share more info on availability soon. Watch this space.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 350
349 REPLIES 349

Theboynorm
  • 37 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Have we got any updates on if and when o2 will offer the new iPad?

currently waiting to place an order with whichever Carrier offers first.

its normally O2 and to be fair are my preferred option given the coverage in my area.

Message 11 of 350

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143182 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions

@Theboynorm

@Chris_K has suggested an announcement very soon wink

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 350

AJHJ
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Same here, have tabs on networks offering the iPad on refresh. Been waiting for this one for some time (sold my previous iPad pro before the previous event and need it for work)... A bit of an emergency.

Message 13 of 350

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

@AJHJ: Would you mind telling us how you use it (the iPad Pro) for work? I'm quite curious to see how people do use it.

Message 14 of 350

AngryWarlock
Level 4: Observant
  • 81 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Man, If I told my wife I was bringing her a cup of tea "Very Soon" and she was still waiting Id be in all kinds of bother. 

Message 15 of 350

AJHJ
Level 1: Joiner
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
@sheepdog It's far superior to anything I've used on Wacom, far better than Cintiq. I have to revert to my graphic tablet and I can't wait to use the new pencil. We also do a lot of our jingles on it using Cubase and other fantastic music apps.
Message 16 of 350

AngryWarlock
Level 4: Observant
  • 81 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Website now says available to Pre Order on 2nd Nov. 

Message 17 of 350

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

@Theboynorm wrote:

Have we got any updates on if and when o2 will offer the new iPad?

currently waiting to place an order with whichever Carrier offers first.

its normally O2 and to be fair are my preferred option given the coverage in my area.

Great news, the new iPad Pro's will be available to pre-order from tomorrow, 2 November.

Link for the 11" iPad Pro: http://o2.uk/iPadPro11

Link for the 12.9" iPad Pro: http://o2.uk/iPadPro129

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 18 of 350

AngryWarlock
  • 81 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Orders went live at 8am. 12.9" Space Grey 512Gb ordered for 7th November delivery.

Message 19 of 350

AngryWarlock
  • 81 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Wow - The 11" 512Gb & 1TB (both colours) have gone to more than 4 weeks delivery already !

Message 20 of 350