O2 network coverage disruption update

Abs
O2 Social Media Team
O2 Social Media Team
  • 1014 Posts
  • 107 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

Hi Guys,

Since 8am today, our 2G voice and data service has been restored.

Our engineers are continuing to work on the 3G service and we anticipate a full restoration of services soon.

Please have a look at our blog post for more info.

Thanks

Abs

Message 1 of 288
287 REPLIES 287

Anonymous
Not applicable
Since the problems with the network yesterday I have been unable to use Browser on my phone? Does anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it?
Message 41 of 288

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Wooders,

Welcome to the community. The best thing to do is to post your question in the appropriate board here (depending on your device): http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Get-Help-With-Your-Mobile-Device/ct-p/30
Message 42 of 288

Stevoc19
  • 23 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
17:15: update Now that our full network service has resumed, we remain focussed on identifying the root cause of the incident. We want to restore customer confidence and trust in us so for those customers affected by the lack of service, we will be doing everything we can to make it up to them in an O2 way. Wonder what the O2 way is? If its anything like my experience with customer services, it will be absolutely nothing! If anyone is ever advised to contact the 'Retention Team' when your contract is expiring to get a good deal on staying with O2 don't bother, its just delay tactics as i hung on for 2 more weeks, going into a new contracted month of payment only to be told there were no deals available - sorry!!
Message 43 of 288

Anonymous
Not applicable
yes i agree!!!........ I live in canada and am here long term to look after my very sick father..... I could not talk to my wife and daughter and i feel that to tweet that we will be "made up to us in an o2 way"..does this mean compensation?? or is it only meant to be for contract customers? I am a long time o2 customer and have experienced a lot of problems with bolt ons and text messages etc....now a 2 day disruption?? will we be compensated? For some this affects our business our income and for people lik e myself our private lives and through no fault of our own!!! I feel some form of goodwill compensation is due yet i spoke to an o2 representitive not 10 minutes ago and was basically told that the official stance is that we are not to be compnsated!!.......not meaning to judge the call centre staff who recieved a lot of abuse and were overwhelmed, not from myself I might add, but they handled a very bad situation very well..... yet this did not help people. what exactly is going to happen? I myself am thinking about changing networks and these elusive tweets that hint at compensating us just add to the confusion and problem as of what to do next. Does anyone else feel this is really unacceptable?
Message 44 of 288

Anonymous
Not applicable
totally agree.....well cryptic!!! just come out and say whats going on...still no explanation as to why either its frustrating and annoying and people saying stuff siding with o2 are not helping!!
Message 45 of 288

Anonymous
Not applicable
yeah we desrve something it disrupts peoples LIVES! i could not contact my wife and daughter in canada for 2 days and even after the sky news appearance saying it was fixed it wasn't!!! i am here looking after my sick fater and this is my only connection to my wife and child i think its disgusting!
Message 46 of 288

Anonymous
Not applicable

dublincanadian7 wrote:
yeah we desrve something it disrupts peoples LIVES! i could not contact my wife and daughter in canada for 2 days and even after the sky news appearance saying it was fixed it wasn't!!! i am here looking after my sick fater and this is my only connection to my wife and child i think its disgusting!

Sorry but have you not heard of land lines.... or Skype..... or one of the many other services...

I was on holiday when it went down. I could not use my phone, but daughter and wife could... Funny, but they are both on o2 as well. We were in a caravan, so you can guess how close to each other we were....

Had none of them worked, then I would have had to find a landline to call my old mother, to ensure she was OK...

If your car breaks down. Do you expect the manufacture to pay compensation ????

I would guess that's a NO.....

So why do people jump straight into "I WANT COMPENSATION" when something stops working.....

I guess a lot of people posting are young and have no idea how to survive without a mobile....

I am old enough to remember when there were only a couple of people on our street who had landlines in there houses.... A mobile had never even been tought of.

We did not find out my father had died till we went back to hospital the next day..... As they had no contact no for us, and the police were too busy to call and inform us as it was not a important matter as he had been in hospital for weeks.....

So while I am sorry your father was sick (hope he's better). YOUR MOBILE IS NOT THE ONLY MEANS OF COMMUNICATION....

You mobile working will not keep him alive.

Disruption is part and parcel of our lives....

To ALL looking for compo....

Think of ALL the people who have been flooded out this year... Some round us 3 times in the last month....

Now how does being without a mobile for a few hours, compare to that.....

A mobile is not the be all and end all in your life.

Message 47 of 288

Anonymous
Not applicable
Still no mention of compensation !!

@Abs wrote:

Hi Guys,

Our engineers are continuing to work on the 3G service and we anticipate a full restoration of services soon.

Thanks

Abs

@Abs wrote:

Hi Guys,

Thanks

Abs

Message 48 of 288

Anonymous
Not applicable
You most likely won't receive compensation as it was lots of people affected, not just you & if they did. They would go bust. It was a technical fault beyond their control. If you have your signal back just carry on as normal
Message 49 of 288

Anonymous
Not applicable

superjoe wrote:
Still no mention of compensation !!

Still having a laugh I see....

Given the top monthly tarrif. If they gave you back for the time the network was down. You are looking at a whopping £2.00 for a loss of 1 days service.

If your TV stops working. Who do you contact for compensation?

If your car stops working. Who do you contact for compensation?

If your cooker stops working. Who do you contact for compensation?

If you fall ill. Who do you call for compensation ?????

I could go on.

You Don't.... All things are subject to breaking down. All nicely covered in the T/C.

Message 50 of 288