O2 network coverage disruption update

Abs
O2 Social Media Team
O2 Social Media Team
  • 1014 Posts
  • 107 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

Hi Guys,

Since 8am today, our 2G voice and data service has been restored.

Our engineers are continuing to work on the 3G service and we anticipate a full restoration of services soon.

Please have a look at our blog post for more info.

Thanks

Abs

Message 1 of 288
287 REPLIES 287

Anonymous
Not applicable
hi, been trying to get my p.a.c. number for last 3days with no success, automated voice keeps telling me we're very busy at the moment and please wait. i got very tired of waiting. any other way of getting my pac number other than patiently waiting for someone to speak to me?
Message 31 of 288

Anonymous
Not applicable
i still can't use my phone...why not?
Message 32 of 288

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
hi, been trying to get my p.a.c. number for last 3days with no success, automated voice keeps telling me we're very busy at the moment and please wait. i got very tired of waiting. any other way of getting my pac number other than patiently waiting for someone to speak to me?

See "Contact us" at the bottom of any O2 page.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 33 of 288

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
i still can't use my phone...why not?

Is this a serious question?

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Message 34 of 288

Anonymous
Not applicable
my phone came back on about 3pm today. think 02 deserves a big thank you for keeping customers up to date and their continuing fantastic service.
Message 35 of 288

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
my phone came back on about 3pm today. think 02 deserves a big thank you for keeping customers up to date and their continuing fantastic service.

Good post, I think it was very quick considering the reach of the problem.

I think they could have advised on it a little quicker, but all things considered a good job.

Message 36 of 288

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry, do you work for O2? We have three O2 mobiles in our household. They have all been in and out of service all day and still are now around nine hours after O2 announced that normal service has been resumed. I've just had a very long online chat with one of their service advisers who advised me that their engineers are still working on the issue. I think their press officer needs to resign. It angered me immensly to hear on the BBC six o'clock news that the O2 network is working correctly again when no one has been able to ring me for the last 5 hours. Although the phone shows full service and I have BBM and wi-fi I still cannot receive incoming calls despite switching the phone on and off and swapping sim cards bewteen all three phones (as instructed by the friendly O2 adviser). I thought that he was going to ask me to do a handstand next!
Message 37 of 288

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Sorry no, just helping out where possible, O2 are asking for comments here:

http://blog.o2.co.uk/home/2012/07/o2-network-coverage-disruption-update.html

Why your phones still won't work is a mystery, unless some of the sim cards are still not being recognised by the network, which is what I suspect may be the issue.

Only O2 support can help really, maybe they can issue new sim cards that will work?

Just a guess on my part, let us know how you get on.

Message 38 of 288

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

I think it will get to a point where they will have to issue new sim cards. Their statements saying that the problems are now resolved are a little premature.

Message 39 of 288

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just rang O2 customer services as I still have 3 O2 mobiles that can text, use wi-fi and dial out but that are still unable to receive incoming calls. They say that all the issues have now been fully resolved and cannot help. Is anyone else experiencing this problem? I'm starting to get very frustrated with this issue.
Message 40 of 288