O2 network coverage disruption update

Abs
O2 Social Media Team
O2 Social Media Team
  • 1014 Posts
  • 107 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

Hi Guys,

Since 8am today, our 2G voice and data service has been restored.

Our engineers are continuing to work on the 3G service and we anticipate a full restoration of services soon.

Please have a look at our blog post for more info.

Thanks

Abs

Message 1 of 288
287 REPLIES 287

Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess byh now the O2 management reralise the upset the outage caused. In my case I lost a day's work as a taxi driver. Obviously others had many similar frustrating andf sometimes expensive problems. An apology for mere "inconvenience" is totally inadequate but obviouisly the company cannot afford to compensate everyone for actual losses.  More timely information in a prominent position on the home page with a reliable forecast when the outage will end  and a proper explanation is what is required in future.  A general e-mail to all customers would also help.  Failure to do this is an indication of contempt for paying customers. Some people can carry other operators' phones as a fall-back but in my case I can only get O2 at home (sometimes with pretty poor reception, too) and in my local area. Incidentally one news service I did get information from blamed the weather! In my area we had a few drops of rain and some sunshine - no different from most days.

Message 281 of 288

Anonymous
Not applicable

My phone was off all of the afternoon  into the evening  in this day and age, this

should not be happening  o2 please get your act together.

are we going to be reimbursed? i wonder !!

Message 282 of 288

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143455 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

are we going to be reimbursed? i wonder !!

It is most unlikely tbh.....

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 283 of 288

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Only via a polite request for a gesture of goodwill from customer service. O2 have already stated on Twitter that no compensation will be given.

Message 284 of 288

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

My phone was off all of the afternoon  into the evening  in this day and age, this

should not be happening  o2 please get your act together.

I'm not sure by what you mean saying this day and age, if you think we're moving into a world where these breakdowns no longer happen, you're very mistaken.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 285 of 288

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks.
Could this be why today, every call I make to the 202 (and old 402) number is cut off after going through menus? 9 times already. And perhaps why the website is so slow such that I cannot access account information?
O2 has some really great customer service, but today O2 is rather useless. Come on, sort it out!!
Yours,
Deeply irritated 😞
Message 286 of 288

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

You've replied to a thread that's a month old. I haven't had the need to call 202 today, but the website isn't slow for me.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 287 of 288

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

I've just checked MyO2 and it's working fine for me from a pc.

I'll ask if this can be moved to a more suitable location.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 288 of 288