O2 network coverage disruption update

Abs
O2 Social Media Team
O2 Social Media Team
  • 1014 Posts
  • 107 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

Hi Guys,

Since 8am today, our 2G voice and data service has been restored.

Our engineers are continuing to work on the 3G service and we anticipate a full restoration of services soon.

Please have a look at our blog post for more info.

Thanks

Abs

Message 1 of 288
287 REPLIES 287

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am experiencing zero network both phone and 3G since 3 days in Gaydon..along side my colleagues who have the same problem.. every one here (number in hundreds) is so frustrated. I just read in BBC that O2 claims they have fixed the problem?? where they have fixed??
Message 21 of 288

Anonymous
Not applicable
I just contacted O2 using their live chat service, following the announcement on Sky News about being able to contact them regarding the situation, with regards to compensation, and the most the advisor on the live chat was able to offer was that I should contact 202 to talk to them. So unlike the spokesperson announced on Sky News, actually contacting them via O2.co.uk isnt possible! A bit like their service over the last couple of days... rubbish! (I have a copy of the webchat)
Message 22 of 288

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have had no service since 1.30 yesterday (Wednesday 11th). It popped back on briefly this morning and has gone again. This is so rubbish! The latest says all is well and working again. Well it isn't in Welwyn, Hertfordshire!!! Please can someone let me know what is happening?!
Message 23 of 288

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
I am experiencing zero network both phone and 3G since 3 days in Gaydon..along side my colleagues who have the same problem.. every one here (number in hundreds) is so frustrated. I just read in BBC that O2 claims they have fixed the problem?? where they have fixed??

I posted about this area earlier on there is a mast not working, it's different from the outage.

From the status page:

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 24 of 288

Abs
O2 Social Media Team
O2 Social Media Team
  • 1014 Posts
  • 107 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

A number of tests since this afternoon have been conducted, and we can confirm that all our 2G and 3G services have been fully restored for the affected customers. If any customers are still having problems, I'd suggest they should try turning their phone off and on or toggle between 3G again - that should resolve it.

Once again, apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Thanks

Abs

Message 25 of 288

Anonymous
Not applicable
no calls, text or data from 13:30 yesterday until 13:00 today...how does o2 plan to compensate us for this lack of service?
Message 26 of 288

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
no calls, text or data from 13:30 yesterday until 13:00 today...how does o2 plan to compensate us for this lack of service?

It's a surprise!

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Message 27 of 288

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have the same problem. My whole familly are o2. I have not had problems since last Thursday. I have not been able to call out recieve calls or text. Texts just keep failing. other people texting me and im not getting their messages untill the next day when a ray of signal shines. I am of no network coverage most of the time since last Thursday. Also my daughter keeps recieving a message from my phone with my IMEI number !!!. I rang o2 on monday night and they told me that any problems were now sorted and that somebody would contact me in 40hrs. No contact yet from o2. My phone like maney others is needed daily. I f this continues for much longer given i have had a problem for a week, i am going to orange. Bonnie
Message 28 of 288

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry sevice is not fully restored as i still have no network most of the day. and neither do my daughters. And my phone sends my IMEI number to one of my daughters phone. That has been going on for 3weeks. She has also rang o2, and they told her that it would be sorted out!!!! Bonnie
Message 29 of 288

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Well I think I can help with one of your problems the IMEI texts, go into Settings -> Security -> Mobile tracking.

If it is activated, it automatically sends a text message to specified recipients whenever it detects that the sim card is changed.

Message 30 of 288