Did you mean: 

O2 Network Issues - 6th December 2018

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Good morning all, 

We are aware our customers are unable to use data this morning.

Our technical teams are working on the issue with high priority. We are really sorry and working as hard and as fast as we can to fix this.

Please keep an eye on our status checker: http://o2.uk/ServiceStatus 

Latest Update:

Our 3G and 4G data services are performing as normal. Our technical teams are continuing to monitor service performance closely. We will be updating our customers later today on how we will make yesterday’s data service issue up to them and we’d once again like to thank our customers for their patience. 

A small proportion of customers have reported issues sending text messages. We can see that the vast majority are being sent and received successfully and our technical teams are investigating. Our 3G and 4G data services are performing as normal.

We are finalising how we make it up to our customers and will be contacting them later today about this. 

The Facebook mention around us giving out £75 compensation isn't correct and didn't come from us.

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 715
714 REPLIES 714

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Let's face it, I only return to this thread in the hope of entertainment in the form of a hooker posting that they lost 12 hours of punting due to this.
Message 671 of 715

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@viridis wrote:
Let's face it, I only return to this thread in the hope of entertainment in the form of a hooker posting that they lost 12 hours of punting due to this.

joyroflLOL

They may have already have posted...though not admitted to it.

I wonder if they have a business contract?clown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 672 of 715

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Doubt it, for some reason I just can't see a hooker filling out a self assessment.
Message 673 of 715

jennysue
Level 1: Joiner
  • 10 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Many O2 customers on Facebook are suggesting that we are very grateful for a few pennies back on our airtime bill for the loss of mobile data but unless we had real issues that day and suffered a financial loss, then it might be nice at this time of year to give that refund to the homeless instead.

So come on O2 - send us a text and based on what we reply, please give our refund to Shelter or another homeless charity like the BBC Appeal perhaps or Crisis at Christmas. It could add up to a lot of money for a really worthwhile cause.

Below is the message that everyone is sharing. In the comments on FB, there is a message that GiffGaff are already giving THEIR members 

O2 - hope you will step up to the plate and make this gesture.

Jenny Fletcher

O2_facebook_message.jpg

Message 674 of 715

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
I've voted to donate my giffgaff share to charity.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 675 of 715

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
All pretty much what I said during the outrage, sorry I mean outage.
Already done it, many charities accept text donation and as said, shelter allow card donation from as little as one pound.
Message 676 of 715

Zeewulf
  • 7 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm still having the problem of being able to send texts but not recieve any.  Rebooted my phone and also done a Factory reset and still not cured the problem.

Anyone else having this problem of being able to send but not recieve ?

Message 677 of 715

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

@Zeewulf wrote:

I'm still having the problem of being able to send texts but not recieve any.  Rebooted my phone and also done a Factory reset and still not cured the problem.

Anyone else having this problem of being able to send but not recieve ?

Try this @Zeewulf

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Text-Message-Tips-not-sent-or-received/ba-p/1179723

Message 678 of 715

Zeewulf
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Jonsie,

Thanks for the link but i've already tried all that and still the same problem.  Only started happening about a week ago, recieved texts in the morning and then by the afternoon nothing. And it's been like it ever since.  Going to try the O2 shop today and see if they can sort it.  My phone's a Galaxy Note 4 (in mint condition, as always been very well looked after).

Message 679 of 715

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have heard that a lot O2 customers who rely on their devices for internet access were unable to access their UNIVERSAL CREDIT ACCOUNT.  If they have been mandated by the jobcentre to login into their accounts daily or in some cases 2-3 times daily, this would leadtoa sanction or sanctions for faliure. Will O2 now be open to Civil Action or a Class Action to getthis money refunded. In somecase where rent is involved this loss could be catastrpohic Any Views ??

Message 680 of 715