Did you mean: 

O2 Network Issues - 6th December 2018

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Good morning all, 

We are aware our customers are unable to use data this morning.

Our technical teams are working on the issue with high priority. We are really sorry and working as hard and as fast as we can to fix this.

Please keep an eye on our status checker: http://o2.uk/ServiceStatus 

Latest Update:

Our 3G and 4G data services are performing as normal. Our technical teams are continuing to monitor service performance closely. We will be updating our customers later today on how we will make yesterday’s data service issue up to them and we’d once again like to thank our customers for their patience. 

A small proportion of customers have reported issues sending text messages. We can see that the vast majority are being sent and received successfully and our technical teams are investigating. Our 3G and 4G data services are performing as normal.

We are finalising how we make it up to our customers and will be contacting them later today about this. 

The Facebook mention around us giving out £75 compensation isn't correct and didn't come from us.

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 715
714 REPLIES 714

Cleoriff
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Have you all (with sms problems), tried rebooting your phones?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 471 of 715

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9983 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions
@AndyShef

If the money is being deducted its been delivered to the other parties network, it's just the handset thats telling you it hasnt.

Out of curiousity what handset are you all using? that are having issues with sms on payg?
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 472 of 715

Tilly
Level 1: Joiner
  • 13 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am o2 payg, my data is back and I can now make phone calls as i had nothing working yesterday.... but my text messages are still not working properly, it says message failed on every message but the recipient is receiving the message 5 times. When they reply back to me I receive 5 of the same message from them. And some times they recive nothing. O2 service checker says text are fine but obs not. 

Message 473 of 715

MrsRobbo18
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Morning

Finally up & running.

Most complaints have been about no internet access.

I was without calls/texts intermittently & no internet also.

Are O2 giving us compensation at all ??

Message 474 of 715

MrsRobbo18
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Same here! We must be in the minority, absolute nightmare yesterday!!

Message 475 of 715

darrenney02
Level 4: Observant
  • 126 Posts
  • 25 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Im also still having the same problems with sending SMS text to my sister that the same text seems to be sending twice and in some cases 3 times. One text even said faild even though my sister got the text twice. I have turned my iPhone 6s off and on but that dont seem to have helped much.

We are both on o2.

Darren

Message 476 of 715

Cazmia
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I am also having issues with my texts, confirmed by sending a test text to my own phone number (I am an o2 customer) which I then receive 2 or 3 times sending it once, but am being told the text cannot be sent, please review the message and check again. I have rebooted my Samsung s8 several times already since this entire debacle began, have switched my phone from 4G to 2G only and back again to refresh, but still getting texts failed that are not failing at all, as I have confirmed, like I said, test texting myself.
Message 477 of 715

AndyShef
  • 6 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Nokia C2-O2 handset.  Yes I've tried rebooting.  It just keeps continually trying to send the same text(s), telling me that the process has failed & charging me every time, I lost some of my Pay As You Go balance before I realised what the phone was doing & had to delete the relevant texts to stop this happening.

So at present I'm unable to send any texts & have also been charged multiple times for the same texts.....

Message 478 of 715

AndyShef
  • 6 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Text issues occurring regardless of which network / device / number I try to send them to...

Message 479 of 715

Cas1951
Level 3: Thinker
  • 55 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Me too.

I posted this earlier on another thread - which has now been locked indicating queries should be directed to this official topic thread, so here's copy of mine...

Text messages I send are auto duplicating continuously until i close sms app and switch off/restart device, and fee charged / deducted from pay and go credit for each duplication. The recipient gets numerous copies but I have only one copy with error message saying "message not sent" (or words to that effect). This was all day yesterday (Thursday) and again this morning (Friday).

Can someone please advise?
---------------------------------------
@gmarkj replied..........
Have you tried rebooting the device and/or going to airplane mode and then reconnecting to the network?
---------------------------------------
My reply......
Thanks but yes I've tried that several times, but still no change.
Doing tests by texting from main phone (O2 on android) to my old mobile phone (also O2) which I keep as a spare.
At 8.50 am Friday 7th December - It is continually re-sending the same texts - I have now had to power off both phones as the texts are being re-sent even after I've deleted the message on both phones.

Message 480 of 715