O2 Community

Get help, share tips and chat

Level 37: Blazing a Trail

Re: Member Spotlight - Curmudgeon

Am just catching up after a very busy weekend off-line, so have some more questions...
What is/was your most scary moment on a bike, and where is you r favorite place to go?
Now using the LG V30.

Previously: LG G4, Sony Z1, HTC Sensation XE, Samsung Omnia i900
Try the Tech Galaxy Note 4
Try the Tech Lumia 640LTE and Microsoft Band
Anonymous

I’ve probed those that needed probing.. some interesting snippets that I hope to readdress if and when people get another turn. @WispaRed7 @Cleoriff @Glory1 :-)

seeing the same people answer the same questions they were asked before would be very interesting! (And some new ones too)

And yes @Martin-O2 i’d love to get back playing Red Alert (C&C) .. them were t’days

fellow tyke .. love it @WispaRed7

@EmilieT glad you enjoyed.. I hope it was the success you planned it to be !

And @gmarkj theres been a few scary moments.. I guess being knocked off my bike into the path of an oncoming lorry was the worst one in terms of scare factor.

I wasn’t run over.. the lorry wasnt going fast fortunately.. my head/neck & shoulders were under the front.. but I ended up with just scrapes and scratches. I picked the bike up.. (always rescue your bike first!!!) got to the side of the road and promptly lost control of a bodily function. The lorry driver came over and thanked me for not dying.. 

I truly thought it was game over that day!

(Great question)

Anonymous

Sorry @gmarkj forgot to add my favourite place to go..

anywhere I can take my bike.. I’ll pedal wherever!

the day I can no longer bike.. is the day I sign up to dignitas.. 

Topics: 60
Kudos: 695
Blog Posts: 1

Your scary moment is very scary indeed. I can imagine your life flashed before you when you saw that lorry coming. And the lorry driver thanking you for not dying; how awful and scary it must have been for him as well seeing you tumbling into his path. You're really very lucky he wasn't barreling down the road as many lorry drivers do. Doesn't bear thinking about 😲
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using a Samsung S8+

@Glory1 wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

The Doctor Blake Mysteries returning on Monday is a repeat from 2017 (Series 5) @Glory1 and @Anonymous

I understood that Craig McLachlan was sacked or suspended earlier this year due to claims of sexual harrassment and bullying (not proven)

The new series, set to return later this year, will be rebranded as The Blake Mysteries, with the remainder of the cast carrying on as before and most of the action based round the housekeeper Jean

https://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/tv-and-radio/doctor-blake-mysteries-to-return-without-craig-mclachlan-20180420-p4zapf.html

Thank you @Cleoriff. I thought it was a new series filmed before the accusation of sexual harrassment and bullying made against Craig MacLachlan reared its ugly head. And he was suspended/sacked. One less recording for me to fit in.

Well here's confusion @Cleoriff. I record Doctors. And after I watched today's episode, just before I deleted it I heard the announcer refer to the return of The Dr Blake Mysteries and the NEW series follows. So now I'm confused. Anyway will record tomorrow's episode and see for myself whether it's new or a repeat.

Topics: 642

[ Edited ]

I am as confused as you @Glory1

After I posted the above, I checked on the BBC website again and though I can't find it now, it did say another new series would start in August.

I'm not sure though whether the new one is the mini film without Craig McLachlan (which I referred to earlier)

Thing is, the most up to date news was published in January of this year when they shelved the series.

Now that's bit quick to 'unshelve it' and record a new series with Craig taking the lead role surely? Confused

http://www.abc.net.au/news/20**Personal info**/craig-mclachlan-seven-asks-for-doctor-blake-update/93...

*The Game Is On*

@Cleoriff wrote:

I am as confused as you @Glory1

After I posted the above, I checked on the BBC website again and though I can't find it now, it did say another new series would start in August.

I'm not sure though whether the new one is the mini film without Craig McLachlan (which I referred to earlier)

Thing is, the most up to date news was published in January of this year when they shelved the series.

Now that's bit quick to 'unshelve it' and record a new series with Craig taking the lead role surely? Confused

http://www.abc.net.au/news/20**Personal info**/craig-mclachlan-seven-asks-for-doctor-blake-update/93...

Ok I think I get it now. The date of 2017 for the series and the telemovie was, I think, when it was shown in Australia, both filmed before the allegations; not the date it was/will be shown in the UK. That would mean this series (5) is new to the UK. At least that's the way I read it. I'll know more when I view tomorrow's episode. 

Thing is with 'foreign' shows the date they are shown in the home country and then shown in the UK can be a year or more apart. Sometimes American shows have been shown here a few days after they've been aired in the States. But I think the UK network paid over the odds for that privilege. And I can't remember the last time that happened. Anyhoo, will view tomorrow's episode and know if I just talked a load of........

Topics: 642

Just noticed that link I posted had half removed by the stupid forum filter, which fails to work as it should. Evil

However, I agree that this was something filmed before the allegations and has only just reached the UK...

World problems solved...Bouncy

*The Game Is On*

@Cleoriff wrote:

Just noticed that link I posted had half removed by the stupid forum filter, which fails to work as it should. Evil

However, I agree that this was something filmed before the allegations and has only just reached the UK...

World problems solved...Bouncy

So glad we solved that @Cleoriff yahoo

So @Anonymous there IS a new series of the Dr Blake Mysteries at 2:15pm BBC1 which started yesterday Bouncy

Topics: 526

I watched today's and hadn't seen it before.

Mind you I've never watched any of the previous series either....

Hope this helps WhistleLOL