Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Welcome & News

Topics: 81
Kudos: 1,068
Blog Posts: 2

Re: Member Spotlight - Curmudgeon

Mmm..........thanks @jonsie that's really uh...helpful (not). But bless you, you tried and I appreciate that 🤣😂
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Topics: 662

@jonsie wrote:

I watched today's and hadn't seen it before.

Mind you I've never watched any of the previous series either....

Hope this helps WhistleLOL

Yes. Most helpful. Just spat my tea over the PC screen so it made me laugh anyway @jonsie (though I am still cleaning the screen of said PC) LOL 

*The Game Is On*

Level 39: Midshipman

Wow @Anonymous, that is a scary moment!
I don't tend to do any road cycling now (just hop on/off or crossing) so don't have any recent incidents.
When I cycled to school though there was one day I ended up 10 yards up a road from the junction I was crossing thanks to a driver that didn't notice me.
Now using the LG V30.

Previously: LG G4, Sony Z1, HTC Sensation XE, Samsung Omnia i900
Try the Tech Galaxy Note 4
Try the Tech Lumia 640LTE and Microsoft Band
Community Manager

@Anonymous I think I'm going to have to find a copy of Command and Conquer! 

That scary moment must have been awful! Cyclists and trucks are not a good mix. anguished

Check out some of the recent discussions:
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Gig tickets giveaway!! Smiley Wink Interested in any O2 Academy gig? Let us know for a chance to get free tickets!
Review of the Samsung Galaxy A50 - Read our latest device review by member Poppysmum.
Priority tickets calendar! 24-30 June - Check out which tickets are going on sale or pre-sale this week on Priority!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? Smiley Happy
signature

@gmarkj wrote:
Wow @Anonymous, that is a scary moment!
I don't tend to do any road cycling now (just hop on/off or crossing) so don't have any recent incidents.
When I cycled to school though there was one day I ended up 10 yards up a road from the junction I was crossing thanks to a driver that didn't notice me.

That was scary @gmarkj. Were you badly hurt? And did you ever get back on your bike again?

Level 39: Midshipman

Not too badly @Glory1, but I was very lucky.
I got knocked 10-15 foot up the road the car was trying to go up, and had a shoe pulled off. Some bruising and a little shock but no other damage. Not sure if I was wearing a helmet (this was 1996 or so)...
The bike was totalled (frame + wheels bent, front and back).
I was back on a bike fairly soon after, and am on it with some regularity now although mainly on cycle paths now.
Now using the LG V30.

Previously: LG G4, Sony Z1, HTC Sensation XE, Samsung Omnia i900
Try the Tech Galaxy Note 4
Try the Tech Lumia 640LTE and Microsoft Band

Re: Community Spotlight - Curmudgeon

[ Edited ]

Well I've not ridden a bike since I was quite young. And happily no accidents occurred.

My nasty accident occurred in a car as the result of a drunk driver. I, fortunately wasn't hurt too badly, just a few bumps and bruises amazingly, as this was long before seat belts became compulsory. But the shock of driving quite happily down the motorway one minute and the next sprawled across two lanes with no idea how or, initially, why was high. The other driver, so drunk he could barely stand, didn't have a mark on him.

Apparently he'd been trying to outrun some State cops, came out of a side turning straight onto the motorway and into me. So hard, the car was spun round and left sprawled across two lanes. Originally a friend had planned to come back with me and spend the night at our flat. Had she been in the car she'd have been badly injured, possibly dead. He'd hit me so hard the passenger door was caved in. That thought alone sent me into shock so that when the Statie peered into the car asking me if I was okay, I couldn't speak. Just sat there staring at him like an idiot

Now unlike you I was afraid to get back into a car, as a passenger never mind actually driving. That was until my dad literally threw me back into one and said drive.

But I must admit when I came here and moved up to London, I was glad of the excuse not to need a car. I was never a happy driver after that accident, thinking of what might have been. And all down to an idiot who should never have been on a push bike, let alone a powerful killing machine!

Well I'm watching The Doctor Blake Mysteries @Anonymous and @Cleoriff and I can confirm this is definitely a new series.

Topics: 539

Well after 50 years of trouble free driving both as a motorcyclist and car driver, it took one driver falling asleep at the wheel to wreck my idealic life so this little section of the thread is a little too near home for me.

@jonsie wrote:

Well after 50 years of trouble free driving both as a motorcyclist and car driver, it took one driver falling asleep at the wheel to wreck my idealic life so this little section of the thread is a little too near home for me.

My apologies I should have thought before posting. So sorry @jonsie.