Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus & iPhone X Megathread

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

O2 will offer Apple’s latest products starting on 22nd September 2017, including the new generation iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus. Customers will be able to pre-order iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus beginning 15th September at www.o2.co.uk/iphone, in store, voice and online, with iPhone X pre-order beginning Friday 27th October

iPhone 8
iPhone 8 Plus
iPhone X
bau-35253-iphone-8-product-build-gold-sku-header-master-120917.png
bau-35251-iphone-8-plus-space-grey-sku-header-master-130917.png
iphone-x-space-grey-sku-header.png

Questions?
We expect there will be many questions ranging from student discount, to unlocking, to yearly upgrades and everything in-between. See our extensive Q&A section immediately under this post, and let us know if there's anything missing you think we should mention there.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 1,685
1,684 REPLIES 1,684

mrsbaker1
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 210 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Really rooting for you guys that ordered on 27th!! 

Must be so frustrating. 

Message 1001 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

I popped into an O2 store today as I was walking past one anyway. As usual, my welcome was sluggish and none of my questions were answered with any sense of certainty. In fact, the answers sounded like they were being made up on the spot. 

I asked when I could expect deliverty and was told 'a few weeks' - despite not having told the assistant when I ordered, nor which model.

When I specified that I ordered the Space Grey 256GB iPhone X, her face fell a bit and she informed me that it would be towards the end of Dec. This was the only bit of info that she seemed to have any confidence in. Maybe O2 badly under-ordered this particular model?

I hope that for once live chat are correct but all evidence tells me otherwise. 

I wish I had ordered directly from Apple. I've been an O2 customer for at least 10 years. This will absolutely be my last contract with them, we should not be rewarding this sort of service. 

Message 1002 of 1,685

angeloedades
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 37 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Very late to the party and ordered lastnight. Would be very surprised if I get my X 256GB space grey within the next 4 weeks.

Message 1003 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Maybe O2 badly under-ordered this particular model?

To be honest I think they've just proved to be the most popular model and Apple have only manufactured about 20% of the usual early production units because of issues with building various components.

Message 1004 of 1,685

alistair
  • 68 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ordered a Space Grey 64GB iPhone X on the 3rd Nov (10.15am) as I am eligible for an upgrade from my iPhone 7 Plus - due to collect it from the O2 Edinburgh, Princes Street store on (or probably after, if O2's track record is anything to go by) 24th November. Heard not a peep so far, but on looking at the O2 iPhone X page I see that the Space Grey 64GB model is showing as "home delivery in up to 2 weeks"! (all 256GB models seem to be "more than 4 weeks" and the Silver 64GB is showing "up to 3 weeks")  - come on, O2 - we want our phones! This is starting to be a repeat of last year's 7 Plus debacle.

Alistair

Message 1005 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

I’ve not had any updates either and I looked at the iPhone X, SG 256 on Apple last night as they gave an estimated delivery. I ordered my X on 27/10 at 10.56 from o2 after being kicked out several times and having to sign in again! I’ve just come off the phone from o2 as i was cancelling my order. Then I was told they were unable to cancel it as it was “despatched”. I very nicely said that I had not received a text or email from o2 and if I was being told this to keep me with o2 I wouldn’t be happy and that I had checked out Apple’s offer and that it would work out a bit cheaper. I was then given another order/tracking number for UK Mail and was told that my new iPhone will be delivered tomorrow.i did say that if it wasn’t that I would be calling again tomorrow to definitely cancel! It seems like the order number isn’t the right one and they use UK Mail as their courier. I did say that o2’s behaviour is shocking to their loyal customers not having any updates on delivery. It does appear (fingers crossed) that they do have the iPhone X

Message 1006 of 1,685

NathanKenneford
Level 3: Thinker
  • 82 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I’ve waited ages to get through to someone via 202 and when I finally did they said the space grey 256 is out of stock but will be back in stock tomorrow...and I will be getting a text with details. Also told I should receive it no later than next Monday. We shall see though 😂
Message 1007 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable
I must admit I am finding it a little frustrating that o2 are showing delivery in up to 2 weeks, when I was quoted 3 weeks from yesterday and I ordered on 27th (SG 64)
Message 1008 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable
Had a iPhone X on launch day still not showing in my devices , direct from apple I’ve a sim only contact anybody else,s?
Message 1009 of 1,685

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144405 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
Call customer services to update it if it's not doing it by itself.
http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 1010 of 1,685