Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus & iPhone X Megathread

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

O2 will offer Apple’s latest products starting on 22nd September 2017, including the new generation iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus. Customers will be able to pre-order iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus beginning 15th September at www.o2.co.uk/iphone, in store, voice and online, with iPhone X pre-order beginning Friday 27th October

iPhone 8
iPhone 8 Plus
iPhone X
bau-35253-iphone-8-product-build-gold-sku-header-master-120917.png
bau-35251-iphone-8-plus-space-grey-sku-header-master-130917.png
iphone-x-space-grey-sku-header.png

Questions?
We expect there will be many questions ranging from student discount, to unlocking, to yearly upgrades and everything in-between. See our extensive Q&A section immediately under this post, and let us know if there's anything missing you think we should mention there.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 1,685
1,684 REPLIES 1,684

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

iPhone X Info

Q.
Are you going to be stocking the iPhone X?
A. O2 will be ranging the iPhone X with pre-orders beginning on Friday 27th October 2017 and launch on Friday 3rd November. More details will be released in the coming weeks on www.o2.co.uk/iphone

Q. I heard you have pricing available now for the iPhone X?
A.
If you're interested in the iPhone X, pre-orders will begin Friday 27th October and you can see some of our early pricing here. Note that prices are indicative and O2 reserves the right to change these prices up to and beyond launch day

Q.
 When will your tariff & pricing details be available for iPhone X?
A. Full pricing and tariff details will be available once pre-orders begin at 8:01am, Fri 27th October

Apple Watch Series 3 Info

Q.
Why are you not ranging the Apple Watch Series 3?
A.
O2 will not be ranging the Apple Watch Series 3 from launch but we continue to review our range of products and services to ensure that they meet the needs of our customers.

Discount / Cost / Pricing Info

Q.
When will I be able to use my O2 Open discount on the new iPhone(s)?
A. Great news! As of 11th October the iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus are now eligible for O2 Open discount. iPhone X won’t be available on O2 Open during pre-order or at launch, but we’ll let everyone know when this becomes available. 

Q. Can I get my student discount on the new iPhone(s)?
A. Great news! As of 11th October the iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus are now eligible for O2 student discount. iPhone X won’t be available on O2 student discount during pre-order or at launch, but we’ll let everyone know when this becomes available.

Q. A friend/family member works for you. Can I get my friends & family discount?
A. Yes, you’ll be able to make use of your Friends & Family discount – speak with your friend who works for O2 to get this applied after ordering

Q. Is the new iPhone eligible for family plan discounts?
A. Yes, the new iPhone 8, 8 Plus and iPhone X will all be available on our Family Plan

Q.
Why are you more expensive than x / y / z?
A. We’re unable to comment on other’s pricing, but remember with O2 you get O2 Priority, 48 hour access to the hottest gig tickets before general sale, more freedom in how/where to buy, free screen replacement, yearly upgrades & extra data depending on your eligibility

Upgrade Info

Q. What is your Yearly Upgrade Programme?
A. It works by ensuring you can move to a new phone after 12mo when you trade your old phone in without paying to end your Phone Plan

Q. I'm due to upgrade now through Yearly Upgrade Programme. How?
A. So long as you've seen out at least 12 months of your contract, you can pre-order online or in-store. If pre-ordering online, you must choose the 'Click & Collect' store delivery option. When your iPhone X is ready for collection, you go to the store with your existing device where the store staff will process the upgrade for you.

Q. What if I want to upgrade earlier than my yearly upgrade date?
A. This is possible thanks to the power of O2 Refresh. With O2 Refresh, you can upgrade at any time by simply paying off the remainder of your device plan agreement. You can off-set much or all of this cost by using O2 Recycle to trade-in your existing device.

Q. 
Will you have enough stock for everyone who wants iPhone X?
A. We expect there to be high demand for iPhone X and recommend customers pre-order as soon as possible to avoid disappointment

Q. I'm wanting to upgrade but want to know all my available options
A. As upgrades are very much account specific and the details can vary from person to person, we'd recommend getting in touch with our upgrade team to discuss. Call 202 and select the appropriate options from our IVR menu.

Pre-order / Availability / Order Info

Q.
I pre-ordered at 9:05am 27th Oct, when will I get my iPhone X?
A. Once pre-orders go live, our shop page will show an indicative delivery date based on the stock we expect to receive. After ordering, we’ll keep you updated on your order as and when there’s progress.

Q. How do I stay up to date on my order?
A. You can keep an eye on your My O2 order status, and we’ll also keep you updated as and when there’s progress with your order

Q. My mate ordered their iPhone after me but has already received theirs, why do I not have mine yet?
A. We’re unable to comment without knowing the full specifics we’re afraid, but this may be due to a number of reasons such as the variant ordered – different colours or capacities may have had different levels of demand, for instance

Q. Due to low stock last year my yearly upgrade (YUP) date is after the iPhone 8 launch date. Can I upgrade before then?
A. If you're on a tariff that supports our yearly "on us" upgrade, you must wait until you've seen out 12 months. If for example this happens on 28th Sep, you'll be able to upgrade from that point onwards - not sooner

10GB extra data Info

Q. 
What is the extra 10GB data offer?
A. As a thanks to our customers this offer will give existing O2 mobile customers who sign up to new O2 Refresh contracts, with 24 months airtime, an extra 10GB of free data per month for up to 24 months.

Q. What tariffs is this available on?
A. Our free 10GB data offer is available for Consumer customers who upgrade to O2 Refresh tariffs of 10GB upwards. For Business customers it is available to O2 customers who upgrade to any Business Essentials, Small Biz or Business tariff with at least 12GB of data included.

This offer is only valid for customers buying through O2 direct. It is eligible on the following devices:

• Samsung S8
  • Samsung S8 Plus
  • Samsung Note8
  • OnePlus 5 (Available until 8th November 2017)
  • iPhone 8
  • iPhone 8 Plus
  • iPhone X

Q. Is this available for Business?
A. Yes this is available to any existing Business customers buying any new Business Essentials, Small Biz or Business tariff with at least 12GB of data included directly from O2.

Q. Can the data be used anywhere in the world for free?
A. Free data can be used in our Europe Zone subject to our Fair Usage policy which can be found here. Free data cannot be used in destinations outside our Europe Zone.

Q. How do I claim my free extra data?
A. Free data will be applied automatically following expiry of the Change-Your-Mind period and verification of eligibility, so customers do not need to do anything. However, customers are advised to retain a copy of their receipt as proof of purchase.

Reward Your Patience Info

Q.
What is ‘Reward Your Patience’?
A. When an eligible device is ordered directly from O2 during the offer period, for every day that you’re waiting for your device between your order date and the dispatch date you will accrue credit. This excludes the pre-order period as Pre-order Rewards start accumulating from the official device launch date.

Following expiry of your Change of Mind period, the Reward is applied automatically to your O2 mobile account as credit to your airtime bill. It cannot be applied as credit to your Device Plan.

Q.
Who is eligible for ‘Reward Your Patience’?
A.
Reward Your Patience is exclusively for new or upgrading O2 Consumer customers. Any new or existing O2 customer is eligible if they upgrade to or buy any O2 Refresh tariff on the latest iPhone(s). The device and O2 Refresh contract must be purchased directly from O2.

Q.
Is this available to Business customers?
A.
No, ‘Reward Your Patience’ is exclusively for Consumer customers.

Device & Other Questions

Q. Will I be able to unlock the new iPhone 8, 8 Plus and X?
A. This won’t be possible at launch – our focus is on allowing as many customers as possible, who intend to join or stay with O2 for their airtime, to get a new iPhone as easily as possible. If or when this stance changes, we’ll let everyone know. More unlock info here.

Q. Will it have 4G / Wifi Calling?
A. Great news! The new iPhones will have 4G & Wifi Calling enabed from launch

Message 2 of 1,685

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

iPhone X pre-orders go live tomorrow morning from 8:01am.

Are you excited? You should be! We expect demand to be huge so if this is a device you're interested in, we'd recommend pre-ordering as soon as you can. When you pre-order, you'll see an estimated delivery date on the product page. You can track your order via My O2, and we'll also be in touch via SMS/email with any delivery/order updates.

The FAQ section has been updated with additional info regarding iPhone X, including info on student discount, O2 Open, friends & family discounts, unlocking info, if you're on a Yearly Upgrade (YUP) tariff, etc. Check it out.

Message 3 of 1,685

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Post reserved

Message 4 of 1,685

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
Well fingers crossed it's a great new iPhone as I've been waiting for this to upgrade 😛
Message 5 of 1,685

N489
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hey guys, just came across this - nice little summary of the new iPhone 8 rumours. I keep reading contradicting things so this is a good brief post to read...

http://www.tokyolaundry.com/blog/uncategorised/apple-iphone-8-rumour-round-up/

Message 6 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable
A new phone.... or a remake of a Samsung?
Problem having apple computers and having had an android in the past, I will be ordering an iPhone 8 (if there are any left to order)! Had to wait last time... Hoping 02 will release pre-orders in a timely manner after the 12th?
Message 7 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable
How is it gonna work for the yearly upgrade on us? Guess won't be able to pre-order, so could be a long wait. Any ideas on how this is going to work?
Message 8 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

This happened to me last year. I was given the option to take a new contract out for the 7, then pay off my existing contact for my 6s at the time at full settlement fee (which was over the face value of the handset).

The other option I was given was to wait it out for release day (also my UOU date) and hope they had stock on my UOU date. I waited and they had no stock and didn't get any stock of my prefered model for another 6 weeks (and costing me another two months of my payment plan in the process).  

The infuriating thing about the whole scenario was the lack of information and communication provided by O2 while this was going on. Staff in store got no information, live-chat robots gave out contradictory information and everyone had no idea.

Admittedly, at the time, I did feel a bit mis-sold on the whole concept, but the T&Cs shaft you good and proper. 

In the end, I signed up to Apple's iUP and kept my O2 sim.

Message 9 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, I agree, I think the communication from o2 has to be improved this year. The previous two or so years have been shambolic, to say the least. 

From what I understand, I'll be able to take in my iPhone7 on the Refresh contract into an o2 store to upgrade without having to pay what is left on my contract (I'll just need to leave my iPhone7 with the store).

I'll probably not be able to do a pre-order online, as it would require me to pay the remainder of my Phone contract at the time. Unless there is a change in the online order process in the next week, once the new iPhones have been announced. 

Will be interesting to see how the next week goes, once Apple announce the new iPhones tonight. Hopefully, lessons learned from previous years. 

Message 10 of 1,685