Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus & iPhone X Megathread

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

O2 will offer Apple’s latest products starting on 22nd September 2017, including the new generation iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus. Customers will be able to pre-order iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus beginning 15th September at www.o2.co.uk/iphone, in store, voice and online, with iPhone X pre-order beginning Friday 27th October

iPhone 8
iPhone 8 Plus
iPhone X
bau-35253-iphone-8-product-build-gold-sku-header-master-120917.png
bau-35251-iphone-8-plus-space-grey-sku-header-master-130917.png
iphone-x-space-grey-sku-header.png

Questions?
We expect there will be many questions ranging from student discount, to unlocking, to yearly upgrades and everything in-between. See our extensive Q&A section immediately under this post, and let us know if there's anything missing you think we should mention there.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 1,685
1,684 REPLIES 1,684

Anonymous
Not applicable
So I had a a tariff update yesterday and a message this morning saying I’ve had my new phone.. strange.. I called my designated store and they’re saying the 8th of December... wtf ?

Sg 256 27th 6pm
Message 1591 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

So fed up of O2 and their changing timescales. Ordered on the 4/11 and was told 3 weeks (fair enough). Called a couple of days ago and was told 3-5 days (good so far), called today and told 3 weeks, WTF. Tried to call to cancel my upgrade and was hold for 15 minutes. Whilst waiting looked at Carphone warehouse and a store which is 9 miles away has grey 256gb Iphone X in stock. Laters O2

Message 1592 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable
@ AndyB2 - I believe the issue is not as simple as it appears. Apparently EE are the only UK provider who had the hardware backbone to be able to support the same physicial number on multiple SIM cards. I suspect for any of the other providers to do so, will 1. take a massive back end upgrade. 2. take a while to get done. and 3. be very costly.. I wouldnt advise you to hold your breath on this one 😞
Message 1593 of 1,685

Cleoriff
  • 123017 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7471 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
@ AndyB2 - I believe the issue is not as simple as it appears. Apparently EE are the only UK provider who had the hardware backbone to be able to support the same physicial number on multiple SIM cards. I suspect for any of the other providers to do so, will 1. take a massive back end upgrade. 2. take a while to get done. and 3. be very costly.. I wouldnt advise you to hold your breath on this one 😞

Yes it is @Anonymous as I mentioned here before the thread was merged https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/Apple-iPhone-8-iPhone-8-Plus-amp-iPhone-X-Megathread/m-p/1090375/highlight/true#M23037

I also linked to the article...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1594 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

OMG OMG OMG

Guys, 31st October 256 SG ordered at 10:32am

Just had my confirmation message this is for home delivery!!

Hope this message fills you guys with some hope too!!!

Message 1595 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

So I got mine this afternoon. I'm impressed with it physically, beautiful piece of design. Not bothered about the size of the thing - although I have to ask why manufacturers are ditching 16:9 screen ratio? - as some have said they were. I found the + devices a wee bit cumbersome at times and I have probably above average hand size. Don't get me wrong, a version of this that filled that footprint would be awesome...

But what a pain in the ass to restore from my 6+. The backup of my 6+ isn't compatible seemingly - same OS version etc. So I'm backup up what's immediately important via iCloud and I'll have to download a bunch of stuff later.

Also, I thought o2 were supposed to backdate our upgrade to the day we ordered. Mine say December 2nd?

Message 1596 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just got a rext from o2, tariff has been changed and order marked as complete on MyO2. Ordered 256 SG on 31/10.

Tracking not available yet though. (home delivery)

Looks like we're getting there!!

Message 1597 of 1,685

Naywa01
Level 3: Thinker
  • 46 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

So just to follow up on earlier email, I picked up me SG 256GB from my local store this afternoon. Really easy, walked in and out in about 5 minutes!

Only thing is, it now seems to be stuck in a loop of trying to install iOS 11.1.2, failing and then giving me the option of installing now or remind later. If I choose remind later, it doesn't let me get past this screen 😞

Message 1598 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable
Same here 😔
Message 1599 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Naywa01 wrote:

So just to follow up on earlier email, I picked up me SG 256GB from my local store this afternoon. Really easy, walked in and out in about 5 minutes!

Only thing is, it now seems to be stuck in a loop of trying to install iOS 11.1.2, failing and then giving me the option of installing now or remind later. If I choose remind later, it doesn't let me get past this screen 😞

I had this issue. If you can, erase the phone and then try updating via iTunes on the PC.

Message 1600 of 1,685