Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus & iPhone X Megathread

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

O2 will offer Apple’s latest products starting on 22nd September 2017, including the new generation iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus. Customers will be able to pre-order iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus beginning 15th September at www.o2.co.uk/iphone, in store, voice and online, with iPhone X pre-order beginning Friday 27th October

iPhone 8
iPhone 8 Plus
iPhone X
bau-35253-iphone-8-product-build-gold-sku-header-master-120917.png
bau-35251-iphone-8-plus-space-grey-sku-header-master-130917.png
iphone-x-space-grey-sku-header.png

Questions?
We expect there will be many questions ranging from student discount, to unlocking, to yearly upgrades and everything in-between. See our extensive Q&A section immediately under this post, and let us know if there's anything missing you think we should mention there.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 1,685
1,684 REPLIES 1,684

Anonymous
Not applicable

From previous threads I’ve read it’s a no

Message 1581 of 1,685

Cleoriff
  • 123258 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

The answer is no or not yet, (if ever) Currently, apart from Apple, EE has exclusivity....

This article from Mac World states...

"In the UK, the only network provider that can currently set you up with a plan for the Apple Watch Series 3 is EE. (You can either buy the watch from EE on contract, or pay for it upfront from someone else, such as Apple, and then add it on to your EE phone plan at an additional tariff.)"

Elsewhere we focus on Three and Vodafone, but in this article we examine the chances that O2 will be able to provide Apple Watch Series 3 data plans in the future, and if so, when this is likely to happen. This is based on official statements from O2, EE and Apple, on our understanding of the technical issues involved, and on past behaviour by the parties involved."

The article published just over a week ago needs reading in full @Anonymous

https://www.macworld.co.uk/news/apple/when-will-apple-watch-3-lte-come-o2-3664181/

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1582 of 1,685

Mrted
Level 1: Joiner
  • 11 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Spoke to 02 on sat 18th nov after ordering sg 256gb I phone x on pre order day at 9.32am and could only be told there hoping to get all phones out by Christmas due to huge demand.very little info they would give me apart from the 6 week wait and no idea of stock coming in.made a complaint thru resolver and received a reply on 21st of nov up holding my complaint offering £30 off my bill and a apology of letting down it’s customers but no idea of when it would arrive.message came thru at 6.16 pm on the same day stating my phone had shipped and would receive next day on the 22nd nov thru DPD.tariff changed on the 22nd nov and the extra 10gb went on after I started using the phone in the first 12 hours.i was on the 20gb before the extra 10g.first time pre ordering and beyond frustrating to say the least but good luck to everyone waiting I hope it arrives soon for you.

Message 1583 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ordered iphone X 256 SG on 27/10 at 10:00 and being delivered today by UK Mail. Arranged to collect the phone from UK Mail depot using their website last night, made the 20 mile trip this morning, and they put it on the van anyway despite sending me confirmation that that it would be held. Those mofos are the absolute worst in my opinion!! GRRR!!

Message 1584 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

So I also got the confirmation email/text last night.

Does that mean my phone is ready to pick up from store today? I don't want to get there later and be dissapointed 

Message 1585 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous, I'd just call the store to be sure. Mine was home delivery so may be different.

Message 1586 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah thats probably the safest bet. I'll give them a call at lunch

Message 1587 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Yeah thats probably the safest bet. I'll give them a call at lunch

I've had an additional email and text earlier today confirming that mine (256GB SG) has arrived at the store and is ready to collect today, guess it depends what time the delivery arrives at each store really - never hurts to check obviously.

Message 1588 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got my text saying its ready for collection!! Yipppieeee

Message 1589 of 1,685

alistair
  • 68 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

When I phoned my store on the Saturday (mine was a click and collect order as well) after I had received my tariff change and the "order completed" email on a Friday evening, I was told that O2 stores don't get any deliveries on weekends, so I had to wait until Monday before getting the store email to say my phone was ready for collection. Just in case any of you are in that situation.

Alistair

Message 1590 of 1,685