Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No signal or data

Anna084
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi there, I’m struggling with my son’s iPhone 11 at the moment. It doesn’t seem to be able to use data or pick up signal when we are away from home. Our whole household in on O2 so I don’t think it’s a network issue? I’m unable to track him on Find my friends , it only updates his location when he’s home and connected to the WiFi. Where it usually says 4G , there are just 4 small dots. he’s unable to use anything using internet when he’s out. He has pretty much all his data left as he’s unable to use it.

ive tried everything I can think of such as turning phone off and on. Mobile data is on and phone is set to O2 network . If we turn airplane mode on and off at home it then shows 4G but if we try this away from home it doesn’t solve the issue. 
Please help, I’m fed up with paying for data and not being able to use it or contact him! 
Thanks 

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145018 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions

@Anna084 

It's a phone or sim issue.

Try your sim in his phone, if it works, he will need a new sim, if not, the phone is faulty.

Guide: How can I sort out my network issues? 

Guide: Is the network down for me or everyone? 

https://www.apple.com/uk/retail/geniusbar/

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 145018 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions

@Anna084 

It's a phone or sim issue.

Try your sim in his phone, if it works, he will need a new sim, if not, the phone is faulty.

Guide: How can I sort out my network issues? 

Guide: Is the network down for me or everyone? 

https://www.apple.com/uk/retail/geniusbar/

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

Anna084
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for your help, it was a SIM issue

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 145018 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions

Welcome

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4