Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Welcome & News

Highlighted
Level 10: Inspirational

Re: Apple Watch launches on O2

Different billing platform.

And it's the same situation with EE and Vodafone, with the exception of a few specific tariffs.
O2 Social Media Team

@Number_3 wrote:

“If” ??

Do the business accounts run on a completely different phone network to a personal account ?

Same network, but we have separate systems for business customers to our consumer ones - and unfortunately our eSIM implementation isn't compatible with those business systems yet. But if or when we've more updates to share on that, we absolutely will.

Hi, I'm from the O2 Social Media team
alert We're unable to access your account from the O2 Community. alert
 Tag me for any O2 product or service issues.
Tag @Martin-O2 or @Marjo for anything else.
Topics: 83
Kudos: 1,115
Blog Posts: 2

[ Edited ]

@jonsie wrote:

Good news for consumers but a shame business customers are left out again.

We are 2nd class citizens @jonsie as far as O2 are concerned. Quite happy to take our money though.

Not that I want an Apple watch. But it is unfair for those business customers that do!

Edited to add: And God forbid if, like me, you use your phone and not a PC or laptop to use MyO2 Business app. The app is useless unless you are on a PC or laptop. All I use it for is to download my bills. It doesn't show my correct tariff nor the actual costs of my tariffs for my phone airtime and my mobile broadband. But those of us using phones don't count as we're too few to bother about. But they have no problem taking over £100 from me each month, oh no!

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Level 3: Thinker

[ Edited ]

@ewanrw hi , yes was just reading up on EE and Vodafone , it is strange that all 3 launched on consumer accounts first. But as you said both now seem to offer the Apple Watch on specific tariffs.

also would have thought esim for duel use numbers on work phones would have been a big enough drive to get this tech on both business and consumer accounts.

Level 1: Joiner

How do I find out how much longer I am tied to my business account??
Topics: 536

@Curlie028 

There are so many possibilities with business plans so probably best to call 8002 or speak to your enterprise manager.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone7 (EE)

Thanks M15.

Unfortunately tied in until April 2020 and advised to come back and talk then about closing the Business Account and opening a personal account, so an Apple Series 4 watch would be compatible.

Probably a question for EE as I have always been O2 and never switched provider but what is the chances of say EE buying out my O2 contract or am I being stupid. Be gentle with any replies 😁

Topics: 536

You won't know unless you ask mate Smiley Wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone7 (EE)
Topics: 549

Chances are zero in afraid. Ten months will cost them a lot of money and if it's a single line you have then its not as though they are going to make a lot of money by doing so.

SHC

I want to buy an Apple Watch direct from Apple, it seems I don't get the 6 months free airtime. I can't see an otion to buy outright on O2 - so I'm being penalised for not wanting to buy the Watch on credit from O2.