Did you mean: 

Apple Watch launches on O2

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Series4.jpg

O2 today announces the launch of Apple Watch Series 4, beautifully redesigned with breakthrough communication, fitness and health capabilities with built-in cellular. To help Apple Watch Series 4 (GPS + Cellular) customers get started, O2 will also offer a special introductory cellular trial. For complete pricing details, please visit O2.co.uk/apple-watch.

Apple Watch Series 4 is redesigned and re-engineered to help users stay connected, be more active and manage their health in powerful new ways. It features a stunning display that’s over 30 percent larger, a thinner, smaller case and a new interface with more information and richer detail. Whether users are out for a run, at the pool or just trying to be more active throughout their day, Apple Watch Series 4 with cellular allows them to stay connected, make calls, receive texts and more, even without iPhone nearby. Apple Watch Series 4 with watchOS 5 brings advanced activity and communications features, along with revolutionary health capabilities, including a new accelerometer and gyroscope, which are able to detect hard falls, and an electrical heart rate sensor that can take an electrocardiogram (ECG) using the ECG app, which is CE marked and cleared in the European Economic Area.

Customers who purchase Apple Watch on O2 between Friday 14 June and Wednesday 18 December 2019 will benefit from 6 months’ free airtime for their watch.  At the end of their 6 month promotional period the cost of an Apple Watch Airtime Plan will be £5 per month (adjusted annually for RPI).

Apple Watch Series 4 will be available to new and existing iPhone pay monthly users on custom plans, enabling customers to choose how much they want to pay upfront, with the ability to spread the remaining device cost between 3 and 36 months (in one-month increments) at 0% APR.  This means customers can pay as little as £14.50 per month for the first 6 months if they select Apple Watch Series 4 on a 36 month contract (£19.50 per month thereafter).

Nina Bibby, Chief Marketing Officer of O2, said: “We’re delighted to be offering Apple Watch Series 4 on the UK’s favourite network.  And thanks to custom plans, customers have the freedom to choose their upfront payment and contract length.   By offering customers this additional flexibility we are making it even easier for them to get their hands on the latest tech at a price that suits their individual needs.”

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

ewanrw
Level 10: Inspirational
  • 342 Posts
  • 15 Topics
  • 9 Solutions
Different billing platform.

And it's the same situation with EE and Vodafone, with the exception of a few specific tariffs.
Message 11 of 21

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

@Number_3 wrote:

“If” ??

Do the business accounts run on a completely different phone network to a personal account ?

Same network, but we have separate systems for business customers to our consumer ones - and unfortunately our eSIM implementation isn't compatible with those business systems yet. But if or when we've more updates to share on that, we absolutely will.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 12 of 21

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Good news for consumers but a shame business customers are left out again.

We are 2nd class citizens @jonsie as far as O2 are concerned. Quite happy to take our money though.

Not that I want an Apple watch. But it is unfair for those business customers that do!

Edited to add: And God forbid if, like me, you use your phone and not a PC or laptop to use MyO2 Business app. The app is useless unless you are on a PC or laptop. All I use it for is to download my bills. It doesn't show my correct tariff nor the actual costs of my tariffs for my phone airtime and my mobile broadband. But those of us using phones don't count as we're too few to bother about. But they have no problem taking over £100 from me each month, oh no!

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 13 of 21

Number_3
Level 3: Thinker
  • 53 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

@ewanrw hi , yes was just reading up on EE and Vodafone , it is strange that all 3 launched on consumer accounts first. But as you said both now seem to offer the Apple Watch on specific tariffs.

also would have thought esim for duel use numbers on work phones would have been a big enough drive to get this tech on both business and consumer accounts.

Message 14 of 21

Curlie028
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
How do I find out how much longer I am tied to my business account??
Message 15 of 21

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143410 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Curlie028 

There are so many possibilities with business plans so probably best to call 8002 or speak to your enterprise manager.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 16 of 21

Curlie028
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks M15.

Unfortunately tied in until April 2020 and advised to come back and talk then about closing the Business Account and opening a personal account, so an Apple Series 4 watch would be compatible.

Probably a question for EE as I have always been O2 and never switched provider but what is the chances of say EE buying out my O2 contract or am I being stupid. Be gentle with any replies 😁

Message 17 of 21

MI5
  • 143410 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You won't know unless you ask mate wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 18 of 21

jonsie
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Chances are zero in afraid. Ten months will cost them a lot of money and if it's a single line you have then its not as though they are going to make a lot of money by doing so.

Message 19 of 21

SHC
Level 1: Joiner
  • 16 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I want to buy an Apple Watch direct from Apple, it seems I don't get the 6 months free airtime. I can't see an otion to buy outright on O2 - so I'm being penalised for not wanting to buy the Watch on credit from O2. 

Message 20 of 21