Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMessage and FaceTime activation issues

Evo_Lee
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi. Since porting to O2 I am unable to activate iMessage and FaceTime for my phone number. It worked up until the port was completed. 

I have switched both off and restarted the device then switched back on but I get activation failure messages when I select my phone number.  The number is registered on my Apple ID and phone. I have taken the sim out, signed out of my Apple ID, reset my network settings etc but to no avail. I have another O2 number and I can use that one ok, just not the one I ported.  

anyone got any advice? I have just asked for a replacement SIM card to try that. 

thanks

l

Message 1 of 271
270 REPLIES 270

O2Emma
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Hi @gmarkj I will pick this up thanks.

Hi @JS04 I will send you a private message to look into this for you.

signature
Message 191 of 271

TomTimTom
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I am facing the same issue. I switched from Three to O2, it took some time for the activation. I had the sim on another phone for that time period. I got a new phone and now I am getting the same errors like the rest of the people on this forum. iMessage and Facetime popping error messages that there was an error message during activation and I also found out today that my phone line is off and people cannot call me. Can someone assist?

Message 192 of 271

jimbojones27
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I am facing the same issue and am getting no help from customer service. How can I get some support here @O2Emma @O2Lisa 

Thanks!!

Message 193 of 271

O2Emma
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Hi @jimbojones27 I will send you a private message to look into it for you

signature
Message 194 of 271

Phil19
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @O2Emma & @O2Lisa please please can you help me too.. I am having the same issue. I moved from physical to e-sim and iMessage not working I have done all the trouble shooting with apple and they are saying issues with o2 not sending them a silent sms. 

Message 195 of 271

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 124289 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7524 Solutions

@Phil19 

Neither Emma or Lisa are on today. I'll tag @O2Georgina, she will be able to help.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 196 of 271

O2Georgina
  • 387 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 13 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @Cleoriff 

@Phil19  I will send you a private message now

signature
Message 197 of 271

Cleoriff
  • 124289 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7524 Solutions

Thanks again @O2Georgina x

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 198 of 271

jimbojones27
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

As I didn’t see anyone else talk about a resolution to this I thought I’d comment. 

I went through a load of conversations with O2 on the phone and on here. Thanks to the people here for really trying to help. 

I could not send SMS to international numbers and in turns out some local numbers too. Hence iMessage would not activate. Yesterday out of nowhere everything started working. iMessage and being able to send SMS to people previously not receiving them. 

Clearly it’s some sort of weird network issue and waiting does seem to have solved it for me but not after a considerable amount of my time was invested to try and resolve. Sadly I missed so many messages and calls due to this. Something for O2 to look at resolving I hope. 

Message 199 of 271

CPToffee
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@O2Ryan @O2Georgina Hi, I am having the same problem sadly.  Regretting the move now thankfully within my 14days  - just can’t get any help resolving 

Message 200 of 271