Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMessage and FaceTime activation issues

Evo_Lee
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi. Since porting to O2 I am unable to activate iMessage and FaceTime for my phone number. It worked up until the port was completed. 

I have switched both off and restarted the device then switched back on but I get activation failure messages when I select my phone number.  The number is registered on my Apple ID and phone. I have taken the sim out, signed out of my Apple ID, reset my network settings etc but to no avail. I have another O2 number and I can use that one ok, just not the one I ported.  

anyone got any advice? I have just asked for a replacement SIM card to try that. 

thanks

l

Message 1 of 271
270 REPLIES 270

O2Emma
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Hi @Breanna I will pick this up thanks.

signature
Message 171 of 271

O2Emma
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Hi @02yas90 I will send you a private message to look into it for you.

signature
Message 172 of 271

ManKind
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello - same problem here since migrating from EE to O2. It's been over a week. Even tried the sim in another phone. @O2Sarah- please can you  help? Thanks

Message 173 of 271

ManKind
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just started working after a reboot. Brilliant. Thanks, great stuff. 

Message 174 of 271

Kalmec
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Please can someone help me with this? I have increased my spend cap from £0 to £5 and asked O2 Customer Services to check for any international bars. I swapped a physical SIM with an eSIM. Everything works aside from being able to activate iMessage/FaceTime. I have spent hours on the phone to Customer Services (over 4 hours today alone, including hold times). Thanks in advance!

Message 175 of 271

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12396 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1149 Solutions

Let's see if @O2Ryan can help you @Kalmec ...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 176 of 271

O2Ryan
  • 146 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

thanks for the tag ill send a message over now.

signature
Message 177 of 271

agtcooper
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Same problem, can’t activate iMessage or FaceTime. Apple tell me it’s a problem with short code sms at o2 end. Anyone able to take a look for me?

Message 178 of 271

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12396 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1149 Solutions

Check if you have a spend cap on your account as that might stop the system registering your number as available @agtcooper 

Failing that, we can ask the community advisor @O2nath_ci to take a look - keep an eye out for a PM on the community.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 179 of 271

agtcooper
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hey thanks, I did not set a spend cap when I opened the account so could be that. Will see what the adviser can dig up for me. Cheers

Message 180 of 271