Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMessage and FaceTime activation issues

Evo_Lee
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi. Since porting to O2 I am unable to activate iMessage and FaceTime for my phone number. It worked up until the port was completed. 

I have switched both off and restarted the device then switched back on but I get activation failure messages when I select my phone number.  The number is registered on my Apple ID and phone. I have taken the sim out, signed out of my Apple ID, reset my network settings etc but to no avail. I have another O2 number and I can use that one ok, just not the one I ported.  

anyone got any advice? I have just asked for a replacement SIM card to try that. 

thanks

l

Message 1 of 271
270 REPLIES 270

AJSummers
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I’m having this same error and it’s unbelievably frustrating. Spent an hour on the phone to o2 who said it’s an Apple issue even though I proved them it’s not. If this isn’t resolved I’ll have to cancel my contract and port number back to EE. PLEASE can someone help me. 

Message 181 of 271

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37292 Posts
  • 239 Topics
  • 1700 Solutions

@AJSummers wrote:

I’m having this same error and it’s unbelievably frustrating. Spent an hour on the phone to o2 who said it’s an Apple issue even though I proved them it’s not. If this isn’t resolved I’ll have to cancel my contract and port number back to EE. PLEASE can someone help me. 

No O2 advisors on the Community Forum today, @AJSummers - but @O2Sarah- is on around 8am Monday, if you are around then. Watch out or a reply from them in the morning, and good luck!

Message 182 of 271

O2Sarah-
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @pgn 

@AJSummers  I will send you a private message so we ca check your account. 😊

Message 183 of 271

Daisy94
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hey, I am having the same issue. Is someone able to support me with this? 

Message 184 of 271

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12396 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1149 Solutions

It is @O2Helen01 on duty this morning @Daisy94.

Can you see if you can help please Helen?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 185 of 271

O2Helen01
  • 33 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Morning all, thanks for the tag @gmarkj  . @Daisy94  I'm going to send you a message privately and we can discuss your issue further.

Message 186 of 271

JS04
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi there, I am having the same issue, is anyone from o2 able to help me please? I have been unable to register for iMessage ever since I ported over from EE around two months ago. If it helps I am using an eSIM.

Message 187 of 271

gmarkj
  • 12396 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1149 Solutions

Have you updated the number on your phone @JS04 ?
It's under Settings>Phone>My number.

If that doesn't work you might need to switch sims...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Message 188 of 271

JS04
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, the number under Settings>Phone>My number is correct, with the +44 format. I've also tried rebooting. I saw on this thread that switching sims didn't seem to help... I did already switch sims on the first day after the port from a physical sim to an Esim. Maybe something went wrong during the port... Is anyone from O2 support working on the forums today? I did try live chat but I didn't get anywhere so I thought if I asked on this thread it would be clearer. 

Message 189 of 271

gmarkj
  • 12396 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1149 Solutions

As you have tried customer services then we can ask the community advisors to take a look @JS04 

Can you see if you can help @O2Ryan or @O2Emma ?

Message 190 of 271