Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verification Code Whatsapp

Zak01010
Level 3: Thinker
  • 34 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Bought a new iPhone activated it by setting it up. Used "Move to IOS" to transfer the whatsapp chat data. The verification code hasnt arrived. I've tried the "Call Me" option. Made sure its the correct international format. Also tried waiting 24hrs. No issues with the sim as I can text and recieve calls even google verification text messages. I messaged whatsapp using the support ticket they keep mentioning the advice on and on.

They state if the advice that they have given doesn't work I have to email back through a reply with my full international number in that format. I haven't recieved a single reply and I've been waiting patiently because I can't use my new phone. No issues with my phone or sim but what can I do honestly I need help. I did transfer my number from Voxi (vodafone) a week ago. Is a porting issue?

Message 1 of 64
63 REPLIES 63

Zak01010
  • 34 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@O2Georgina Do you think @MI5 is right about the issue likely being that my international sms gateway is not set up correctly?

Message 11 of 64

Zak01010
  • 34 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

What if I miss the call from the network team what to I do? @O2Georgina I'm not confident I'll get a call tbh I switched for a reason to o2 and honestly other posts dont say the main cause of the issue? Any idea because I'm not confident I don't want to be waiting for weeks

Message 12 of 64

PaulD2
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 19 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm still having the same issue after 3 weeks too. Absolutely crazy. I've had a replacement sim, no luck. I'm on Android but I added a phone number via an iPhone as it was missing in the information section, no luck. Whatsapp have told me they've not even received a request from me! Nothing is working so this must surely be at o2's end? I hope someone can help with this.

@O2Georgina Could you possibly DM me too please to keep me up to date with the fix for this? Thank you.

Message 13 of 64

M25
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Unfortunately, I didn't hear back from O2 support following my escalation, I was told to allow 5 working days but that time has passed.

While waiting for O2 support to respond, I re-tried various steps. I was eventually able to receive a WhatsApp verification code by enabling the two-step verification feature within WhatsApp from my old phone, as the app was still active on that phone.

With two-step verification enabled on my WhatsApp account this changed the verification process. This time when I requested a verification code from WhatsApp on my new phone with my O2 sim card inserted, the 6-digit code appeared physically as a pop-up message within the WhatsApp on my old phone, rather than via the expected SMS route. I entered this new code into WhatsApp on my new phone, completed the 2 step-verification process I'd previously enabled and hey presto the verification process completed successfully.

Note: My old phone did not have a sim card inserted but it did have a wifi connection.

Message 14 of 64

PaulD2
  • 19 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Good to hear you got it sorted. Unfortunately I made the mistake of deleting WhatsApp on my old phone so I can't turn 2FA on as I don't have access to my account at all now.

Can O2 please reach out thanks.

Message 15 of 64

Zak01010
  • 34 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Apparently theres loads of cases regarding this issue. Waiting on the 26th for a callback regarding this issue. Honestly I think its to do with security that other sim providers have

Message 16 of 64

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37301 Posts
  • 239 Topics
  • 1700 Solutions

WhatsApp 2FA - @O2Georgina is on this morning, @M25 and @PaulD2  and @Zak01010 - might take a while for her to get to all of you, assuming the answer is not to refer to WhatsApp support. Good luck!

Message 17 of 64

O2Georgina
  • 387 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 13 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @pgn

I will send private messages out as soon as i can 😊

signature
Message 18 of 64

Rocky65
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm having the same issue, verification texts/calls from WhatsApp seeming to be blocked by O2.

I ported from Vodafone several months ago with no need to verify WhatsApp, I changed phone 6 weeks ago and have WhatsApp stuck on my old device, I've contacted the helpdesk several times with tweaks made to my account but no actual fix, the most recent contact I felt pretty much fobbed off by the advisor. Right now I'm inclined to make a formal complaint over this and leave O2 entirely.

Has anyone actually managed to get this issue resolved?

Message 19 of 64

PaulD2
  • 19 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Rocky65  There's no fix yet 😕

@O2Simon PMed me and looked into it but was been unable to sort it, so he raised it with the IT team. They called me this morning and asked a few followup questions and he's not raised it with another team. The IT guy told me it's the first time he's heard of this problem, but if more people report it it will get better priority for being looked into, so please get in touch with Customer Services or one of the O2 team here and get it raised. This applies to anyone else who is having this issue right now.

For clarity I've tried the following so far:

Installed Whatsapp on my new phone (Android) and requested an code via SMS and a callback numerous times with the usual messages of having to wait to try again. Nothing received and no success.

Put my sim in a different phone (iPhone), installed Whatsapp and requested an SMS and callback. Nothing received and no success.

Had a friend who's with a different provider (Vodafone) uninstall their Whatsapp, reinstall it and enter my number for the code and callback requests. I didn't receive anything and the usual messages were shown after a couple of attempts. When they entered their number they received an SMS immediately and logged back in to their account fine.

This last test suggests to me that the SMSs and callbacks are being blocked when being sent from Whatsapp imo but we'll see what O2 come back with.

Message 20 of 64