Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verification Code Whatsapp

Zak01010
Level 3: Thinker
  • 34 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Bought a new iPhone activated it by setting it up. Used "Move to IOS" to transfer the whatsapp chat data. The verification code hasnt arrived. I've tried the "Call Me" option. Made sure its the correct international format. Also tried waiting 24hrs. No issues with the sim as I can text and recieve calls even google verification text messages. I messaged whatsapp using the support ticket they keep mentioning the advice on and on.

They state if the advice that they have given doesn't work I have to email back through a reply with my full international number in that format. I haven't recieved a single reply and I've been waiting patiently because I can't use my new phone. No issues with my phone or sim but what can I do honestly I need help. I did transfer my number from Voxi (vodafone) a week ago. Is a porting issue?

Message 1 of 64
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Zak01010
  • 34 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@LaraJane I just added my number to my facebook account to test a theory because facebook and whatapp have the same owners surely its not to with their servers or system whatever it maybe. The thing that actually fixed it was loging into MyO2 and going to the "Age Verification" section and making sure you change the settings to say you're 18+. Ash from the network team if you ever read this what a donut lol. Done his job for him. @MI5 the issue might be that new accounts or some existing accounts if they've changed sim i.e @PaulD2's case if im remembering correctly might have that "Age Verification" setting turned off which has blocked the whatsapp sms or others not to be sent thats my theory.

Also @LaraJane you should add two step verification on your whatsapp account like I have today. You make your own 6 digit pin instead of sms in case we have the issue again lol and add an email address in case you forget the pin you made. It will ask for the pin if you restart your phone and etc.. but its worth it. Best to add your own code and note it down in diary, the notepad app on your phone or message a close family member so its on record.

Link to about two-step verification for whatsapp can be found here: https://faq.whatsapp.com/1278661612895630/?helpref=uf_share

View solution in original post

Message 51 of 64
63 REPLIES 63

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12385 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1149 Solutions

It might be related to the port @Zak01010 .

Have you been in touch with customer services, either by calling 202 or messaging on social media (links below)?

Facebook ( https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter ( https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram ( https://o2uk.co/O2CIG)

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 64

Zak01010
  • 34 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Tried that spoke to 3 advisors. I have the phone number swapped to o2 which according to the last advisor "Ruhan" means its ported. I can receive calls, text messages and other verification messages but not for whatsapp. I've seen and gone through allot of community posts from the recent months as other have had similar issues. Anyone from o2 that can help me?

Message 3 of 64

M25
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Its good to hear I'm not the only person :-), I've been experiencing the same issue for over 3 weeks, I've tried changing the sim, adding a £5 spending cap to my account. I've also tried resetting my phone as well as putting my sim into another iPhone and also an Android phone. Unfortunately, none of these steps have resolved the issue. I've tried the Call me option, but in doing so I didn't receive a call after initiating the request. I've repeated this process several times during the past 3 weeks, all with no success.

I'm able to make and receive calls and am able to receive verification texts from other services such as my bank and other MFA related services, I've not blocked any numbers.

I've escalated the issue with O2, on the 5th day of the escalation I was told they were unable to identify the cause so the issue was being escalated to another team and to allow up to a further 5 days. When I spoke to them I was told they weren't aware of any other customers with this issue.

I've tried activating WhatsApp on a difference number via EE on the same phone via the call me option, in doing so I received the call back with the verification code. I've also contacted WhatsApp support on a number of occasions who've replied each time saying the issue is with my cellular provider being O2.

Hopefully O2 support will get in contact soon to say they've identified an issue.

Message 4 of 64

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 7134 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1590 Solutions

I'll ask one of the forum team to take a look. They will be on Saturday Morning

@O2Georgina can you help @Zak01010 and @M25 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 5 of 64

M25
  • 6 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you 🙂

Message 6 of 64

Zak01010
  • 34 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thanks Enlli. From what my guess is I don't think its whatsapps issue its most likely o2's because if other verifications are able to be recieved surely it would work for whatsapp. My theory is its blocking issue from o2's part because if my waiting times to recieve a call or sms verification is take 2hrs, to 6, 10, 25 etc... surely something is blocking this. The 4th advisor I spoke to Farhan stated he raised this to the network team and gave me a case reference number

Message 7 of 64

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147089 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28289 Solutions

@Zak01010 @M25 

Most likely that your international sms gateway is not set up correctly.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 8 of 64

O2Georgina
  • 387 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 13 Solutions

Thanks for that tag @Enlli 

@Zak01010  and @M25  I will send you a  private message now

signature
Message 9 of 64

M25
  • 6 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

For info, if you choose to receive the WhatsApp verification code via the call me option, you should receive the call from number 01752 907834.

Message 10 of 64