Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Santander OTP not received

Jayef
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Just switched to O2 from Sky, & trying to register a new OnePlus phone using Santander app.

Problem is that Santander OTP is not being received. All other text sending & receiving is fine.

I see others have had a similar problem, but can't find a solution.

Any advice please as to next steps to fix.

Message 1 of 50
49 REPLIES 49

Jayef
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

One thing I hadn't mentioned in my "solved" comment. It was a change at O2's end that got the OTP working (in my case, with Santander). I did do all the checks highlighted by pgn, but to no avail. It wasn't a setting on my phone causing the problem.

I was trying it daily, having been told that engineers were working on it, & one day it suddenly worked. I have & had no other issues. Functionality brilliant.

Good luck.

Message 21 of 50

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36578 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1631 Solutions

Thanks, @Jayef - it was communicated to the Forum some weeks back that such calls re OTP can be rectified by the O2 Social Media Team - yet still we find the Advisor staff here are the ones taking the bulk of such calls through to successful completion. 🤷

Message 22 of 50

Jtuf
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I’m having the same problem. Could you look into this for me please. Recently ported from Vodafone 

Message 23 of 50

pgn
  • 36578 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1631 Solutions

@Jtuf wrote:

I’m having the same problem. Could you look into this for me please. Recently ported from Vodafone 

The O2 Social Media Team should be capable of sorting this for you, @Jtuf - links to the team in Twitter and Facebook just below this post. Good luck!

Message 24 of 50

Millycat
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi I am having the same problem call 202 they had no idea I have posted on Twitter and have now waited over 24 hours for a response can you help ?

Message 25 of 50

pgn
  • 36578 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1631 Solutions

@Millycat wrote:

Hi I am having the same problem call 202 they had no idea I have posted on Twitter and have now waited over 24 hours for a response can you help ?

Hi @Millycat - as you have been in touch with O2 on Social Media, the support avenue of choice for OTP issues, perhaps the Forum O2 Advisor on this afternoon, @Anonymous can nudge it along for you. Watch out for a private message from him for some details, @Millycat - good luck!

Message 26 of 50

Anonymous
Not applicable

@pgn thanks for the tag @Millycat will private message you.

O2Simon

Message 27 of 50

Millycat
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks very much hopefully can get this sorted soon

Message 28 of 50

Daniel84
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,
I am also experiencing issues on my account that I cannot receive Santande or Tesco messages.  COuld you please help me.

Cheers

Daniel

Message 29 of 50

pgn
  • 36578 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1631 Solutions

@Daniel84 wrote:

Hi,
I am also experiencing issues on my account that I cannot receive Santande or Tesco messages.  COuld you please help me.

Cheers

Daniel

Hi @Daniel84 - look out for a message from @O2Jonathan shortly for help with this. Good luck 

Message 30 of 50