Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor Data service...ALWAYS BUSY!!!

Dagdv2
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

In Wales LL22 8PN our mps is always below 4mb...we keep asking for help..but always get the same answer....

"This can get busy in this area"....WELL!!!! blow me down, we all use the internet and phones...why do O2 always give this response, and why do they not try and fix the issues...we pay good money yet get poor service..in this day that is not right.....Damn frustrating

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37282 Posts
  • 239 Topics
  • 1700 Solutions

Cellular or Data Service Levels are not guaranteed by any of the UK mobile phone providers, @Dagdv2.

If "it is busy" is what they are telling you, step your phone in SIM network settings down to 3G from 4G or 5G, that has helped me for 2pm to 6pm slowness daily for several weeks one spring years ago when a mast near my place of work was being upgraded.

Other hints in here: Guide: How can I sort out my network issues? 

And get the O2 My Network app and set it up on your phone, it will ask you to register but will then keep a silent ear and eye on changes you need to know about in masts in areas you frequent frequently: 

https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/my-network

Good luck!

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 7142 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1590 Solutions

Well years of underinvestment by O2's owners, Telefonica and twice as many subscribers as rival networks, takes its toll.

For example my local 4G tower has a bandwidth of 10Mhz where as Vodafone has a bandwidth of 15Mhz. Guess which one will get conjested first.

3 Million Virgin Mobile customers coming over is not going to improve things.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 3

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37282 Posts
  • 239 Topics
  • 1700 Solutions

Cellular or Data Service Levels are not guaranteed by any of the UK mobile phone providers, @Dagdv2.

If "it is busy" is what they are telling you, step your phone in SIM network settings down to 3G from 4G or 5G, that has helped me for 2pm to 6pm slowness daily for several weeks one spring years ago when a mast near my place of work was being upgraded.

Other hints in here: Guide: How can I sort out my network issues? 

And get the O2 My Network app and set it up on your phone, it will ask you to register but will then keep a silent ear and eye on changes you need to know about in masts in areas you frequent frequently: 

https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/my-network

Good luck!

Message 3 of 3