Did you mean: 

PAC code transfer

davidtomney
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I'm new with o2, I want to keep my old mobile number (from the iphone 12 EE to iphone 14 pro O2).

So I requested a PAC code from my old provider (EE), to which the person at the o2 shop entered it and said it will transfer (my old mobile number), it would take till 6pm the next day. And she put the new sim in my new phone (iphone 14 pro). Would the new sim still work for my old transfered mobile number or would i have to switch the old sim with my new phone?

My old phone is a iphone 12 pro (ee)

My new phone is a iphone 14 pro (o2)

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 123043 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@davidtomney 

Yes that's correct. If you wanted to keep your old number then  your port is complete.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

mobilemandan
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 48 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

The code will allow a o2 to move your number over without needing to swap SIM cards. Just keep the new one in there for now with the temporary number and when your EE one stops working you know the number has moved over. 

on your EE phone it should drop signal and show No Service or Emergency Calls Only once it’s disconnected. 

you may have to go into your new phone settings once the phone number has moved and update in the Settings - Phone section as this will have the temporary number, just update with your number you were keeping and give the phone a restart to update and all should be good 

Message 2 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 123043 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@davidtomney 

All info in this guide Guide: Migration & porting into O2  

Hope this helps.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 11

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12088 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1125 Solutions

We have seen that o2 struggle with completing a number port while setting up a new customer @davidtomney so it might be worth calling customer services to give them your PAC again.

Especially if you have not had a message confirming that your number is due to move.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 4 of 11

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey @davidtomney were you able to get your number ported over successfully? 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 5 of 11

davidtomney
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I think its now setup, as if I go into Settings then Phone it's showing my new sim number from O2 (My Number, which it wont let me edit) but if I phone someone it's showing my migrated old number from EE (Which I want to keep), is this correct?

Message 6 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 123043 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@davidtomney 

Yes that's correct. If you wanted to keep your old number then  your port is complete.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 11

Janine_S
  • 22 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

You're lucky, nearly 4 weeks and mine isn't working properly.

Message 8 of 11

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23129 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3685 Solutions

@Janine_S A PAC is only valid for 30 days, so if your number hasn't ported yet you may have to go through the process from the beginning again. I presume you've been in contact with O2 customer service.

You can also reach O2 via social media for assistance:
Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB), Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW), or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG)

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 9 of 11

Janine_S
  • 22 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The process has started, my number is active on an O2 sim. But SMS from any network and calls from everywhere but O2 go to the old Three sim which is also active. It’s an utter shambles and CS has been woeful. 

Message 10 of 11