cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number migration - NOT done, repeatedly!

roziepozie
Level 1: Joiner
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm out of contract on my current sim-only account, so I bought a completely new sim-only account with temporary#, and have phoned O2 twice now over several days to get my current O2 sim-only main# moved to the temporary# I got with the new sim-only account. 

THIS HAS REPEATEDLY NOT BEEN DONE! 

The old website login for my main# is dead, but the new login still has my temporary#! Also, my iPhone still shows two esims (Primary: my main# / Secondary: the temp#) but calling my main# gives message "this number is not available" or similar, while calling the temp# actually works. 

How am I supposed to get this fixed, given O2 have not done the number migration repeatedly? 

Complete shambles of a process moving from legacy to 360, AFAICT. 

Message 1 of 40
39 REPLIES 39

QP999
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Have you tried going to an o2 store nearby? I know you really shouldn't have to if you called them a number of times but you may get better help face to face. To be honest, if you have access to Facebook its not that quick and is just another options to calling. 

Message 31 of 40

Oxonian
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 9312 Posts
  • 214 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

Davidbar
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have the exact same problem

Message 33 of 40

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7933 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 1652 Solutions

@Davidbar Unfortunately we have no one at the moment we can call upon from here. 

There are quite a few threads on this issue, including this one which may help

Other than that we are stuck

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 34 of 40

Davidbar
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hoping @Dave-O2 can help with my issue

Message 35 of 40

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11587 Posts
  • 64 Topics
  • 3163 Solutions

@Davidbar 

Dave is off on leave so you will have to persevere with Customer Services 

--
iPhone 16 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 36 of 40

Davidbar
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

From my past attempts with the migration 02 customer services are not capable, hope you can understand that I am very frustrated with this problem, I used to work for 02 and know it's a straight forward process, so why after so many attempts and phone calls haven't they done the migration 

Message 37 of 40

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7933 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 1652 Solutions

@Davidbar Don't know how long ago you worked for O2, but customer services is going downhill at an ever increasing rate of knots.

12 months ago there was a good chance we could held you on this forum; that help has been removed

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 38 of 40

Sabrina123
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

This same situation is happening to me. I have spent hours on the phone to O2 trying to sort this out. I am missing out on medical appointments as I am heavily  pregnant. This is causing me a lot of stress. 

Message 39 of 40

Oxonian
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 9312 Posts
  • 214 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

@Sabrina123 wrote:

This same situation is happening to me. I have spent hours on the phone to O2 trying to sort this out. I am missing out on medical appointments as I am heavily  pregnant. This is causing me a lot of stress. 

I suggest @Sabrina123 that you message O2 on social media :-

Facebook : https://o2uk.co/O2CFB

X (previously known as Twitter) : https://o2uk.co/O2CTW

Instagram : https://o2uk.co/O2CIG

The social media team are based in the UK and have a good reputation for solving problems. 👍 

Message 40 of 40