Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number migration from pay as you go to monthly failed

PhoneTime
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

What causes this to happen? They keep saying it will be done but I'm waiting again and it's still not happened, I only found out it failed because I called them several times. It's a bit time sensitive. My old sim stopped working as expected and I put the new one in but the number hasn't changed and now I can't access things which need me to have my old number.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 148968 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28448 Solutions

@PhoneTime 

This is a customer to customer community, not O2, so we cannot access your account, sorry.

You need to contact O2.

Message them on Social Media. Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (X) (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG) or give them a call on 202 or 0344 809 0202 (contract) 4445 or 0344 8090222 (PAYG)

Guide: Migration & porting into O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 11

PhoneTime
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I already contacted them but it never happens, they just say they guarantee it will happen by x time and date but it doesn't.

Message 3 of 11

MI5
  • 148968 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28448 Solutions

Sounds standard these days.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 11

PhoneTime
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

What is normally the cause?

Message 5 of 11

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7805 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 1643 Solutions

Total incompetence 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 6 of 11

PhoneTime
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I can't believe they stopped using O2 reps on here too, now I'm stuck with the phone support telling me they can't check for 24 hours which is going to be too late. I'm so angry at O2.

How long could a number transfer possibly take, it's being done by a computer.

Message 7 of 11

MI5
  • 148968 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28448 Solutions

As long as they have your money, they're happy.

Couldn't care less about anything else.

Message 8 of 11

Oxonian
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 9062 Posts
  • 205 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

@PhoneTime 

In the first reply on this thread, @MI5 has provided you with contact details for the social media team at O2. I suggest that you contact them. 

The social media team are based in the UK and have a really good reputation for solving customer problems.   

Message 9 of 11

MI5
  • 148968 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28448 Solutions

Said he's tried that already.

Message 10 of 11