Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming calls - no caller ID

Roman
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Since Thursday all of my incoming calls are coming through as ‘No Caller ID’. This includes all of my saved contacts. I’ve checked all of my phone settings, completed a network reset, installed the latest iOS,

called O2 twice (they just googled it and offered no solutions!), been to a store and done a SIM swap. When another SIM,

with another account and number, is placed into my phone it works fine! It seems to be baffling everyone. Anyone have any ideas??….

Message 1 of 263
262 REPLIES 262

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38197 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1729 Solutions

@ACE1979 wrote:

Hello! 
can I please be added to the list of accounts with no incoming caller ID. Have been through chat and reset phone (even though EE SIM works fine in this phone), and now tried a new SIM. If there’s a fix, please can @O2Georgina @O2Sarah or someone else help me too! (And maybe let your chat guys/girls know so they can do it too!)

thanks

anna

@O2Sarah- is on from 8am, tagging her to this for you, @ACE1979 - keep an eye on your messages here a little later. Good luck!

Message 161 of 263

O2Georgina
  • 387 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 13 Solutions

@ACE1979  I can see that you have sent me a private message so i will reply to that

signature
Message 162 of 263

Blaze_One
  • 13 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @ACE1979,

Honestly, I wouldn't bother wasting your time. I have had this issue since the 27 April 2023 and despite numerous promises of call backs, hours spent in the O2 store and further countless hours being wasted on the phone and/or via messages it transpires that "only engineers" are able to rectify this fault.  I was promised a call back earlier this week and another yesterday and nothing. I have been an O2 customer for 10 years and quite frankly the manner in which I have been treated is disgusting.  Be assured, I am not the only customer that has been treated in this manner.  I have been in touch with others on this BB who have had a similar experience.  It would appear I am not the exception but the norm.

Complaint is being escalated to O2 complaints, Citizens Advice Bureau and OFCOM today.  I will also be   visiting the O2 offices in Slough to see if someone from Senior Management is able to assist and/or provide answers (as opposed to constant excuses).  I will also be highlighting this matter on social media. Quite simply O2 should not be allowed to get away with this.

I wish you the very best but do not expect a speedy resolution.

Kind regards

@O2Georgina @O2Sarah- @O2Ryan 

Message 163 of 263

Blaze_One
  • 13 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

OFCOM complaint now lodged. Should a moderator require the complaints number, please feel free to contact me.

This matter is now also being raised with O2 complaints, (so the matter can subsequently be referred to the Communications Ombudsman, if required) and Mr Lutz Schüler.  I now have the email addresses for the  latter and if anyone has a genuine complaint regarding the service and manner in which their issue has been handled, please feel free to contact me via a direct message.

good luck!

Message 164 of 263

Blaze_One
  • 13 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@O2Georgina 

I have sent a private message and would be grateful for a response.

Regards

Message 165 of 263

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12575 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1153 Solutions

Georgina is not on the rota for today @Blaze_One - @O2Sarah- and @O2Ryan are currently on duty...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 166 of 263

aah
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I have been moved from virgin to O2.

No caller ID since yesterday. same issue been reported on the forum, anyone fixed the problem.

Message 167 of 263

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12575 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1153 Solutions

It might be that you have just moved and the system needs to settle down @aah 

I'll ask @O2Emma to get in touch on the community so she can check.

You will get a private message on the community which you will need to reply to - it will show as a red number on the envelope icon in the top right when you log in.

Do not reply to the email notification (if you get one) as that will not get back to Emma.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 168 of 263

O2Emma
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Morning @gmarkj I will pick this up thanks .

Hi @aah I will send you a private message to look into this for you.

signature
Message 169 of 263

TheRealFB
  • 11 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Can @O2Georgina @O2Sarah- @O2Ryan  with the same issue please?

I have just transferred automatically to O2 from Virgin, and Callere ID stopped working at that point.  I spent over an how on web chat today toggling settins and resetting network settings to no avail.
I tried my SIM in a different phone, which worked.  But crucially this was my old phone, so I suspect it is still running with the Virgin Mobile settings, because it was SIMless, and turned off.  It was not able to receive updated settings.

Please can this be fixed as soon as possible.

Message 170 of 263