Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMessage And Text Message after Number Port

Newbeetler
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Number was ported over this morning. After resetting network settings etc I have managed to get the phone recognising the number ported but it is failing to activate Imessage.

Can not send Imessage or SMS which is critical at the moment as I support disabled family members who only contact via Imessage/SMS. 

Anyone come across a quick fix before I take a run to the O2 shop. Need to try and get resolved as I'll be nipping in between drop off and pick up of the family members who I need the message contact for. 

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

Newbeetler
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yeah thats what I was thinking. 

Has been escalated to Apple Senior support who say everything still looks ok although he tried to get me to send a SMS and that failed so we are back on the waiting game to ensure the full port has been carried out. 

Old carrier confirmed at 15:00 yesterday they had disconnected the number so I guess we just wait. 

Message 11 of 22

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145040 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions

@Newbeetler 

Your account seems OK as everything works on your old iPhone.

Try this:

Switch off iMessage and FaceTime
Sign out of the iCloud account (removing all the iCloud data from the iPhone).
Reboot the iPhone
Sign back in to the iCloud account
Switch back on iMessage and FaceTime

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 12 of 22

Newbeetler
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Gave that a go and no luck 

interestingly though I added the number under Apple ID and it gave an interesting error 

IMG_7050.jpeg

Message 13 of 22

MI5
  • 145040 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions

Looks like the issue is with Apple's servers then @Newbeetler 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 14 of 22

PerLE-71
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Did you get anywhere with this issue? I have the same issue. Apple have gone through everything by accessing my screen and say it’s not my phone. They say the issue is a carrier setting and that my account has not been correctly activated for an iPhone but O2 have no idea what I’m talking about. I’m thinking of cancelling my contract in the hope that if I start again it will sort itself out. 

Message 15 of 22

Oxonian
Level 29: Intuitive
  • 6342 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@PerLE-71 

Your message is presumably aimed at @Newbeetler who is offline and has not posted since 4 October 2023 (above). But let's see if he responds now that I have tagged him. 

Message 16 of 22

Newbeetler
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It took about 5 days and just suddenly activated. 

Was a right pain but apparently it can take up to a week for it all to switch over 

I went round and round in circles for days 

Message 17 of 22

Oxonian
Level 29: Intuitive
  • 6342 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

Well there you go @PerLE-71, a very helpful update from @Newbeetler - thank you ! 

Maybe the answer for you @PerLE-71 is to give it a couple of days and to see if it then springs into life. 

Do please keep us updated on developments. 

Message 18 of 22

Newbeetler
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

A further check you could do is to go to your voice mail tab and check it shows you no messages or your voice mail messages 

o2 uses visual voicemail and in order for that to work iPhone data has to be activated which is also what iMessage uses 

so if visual voicemail is showing and iMessage is not activating it means that it is configured correctly and you need to give it up to 7 days after switch over for it to be fully activated 

I did 4 switch overs at the same time 

3 went straight over with no problems 

This one had the problems and it took 5 days to fully switch and activate 

Message 19 of 22

MI5
  • 145040 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions

Has been reported previously, however, customers don't want to believe it when we tell them to wait.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 20 of 22