cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do i add a payg dongle to my o2 when the dongle recieve texts!

Neilg677
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have a PAYG sim that i have put into a dongle. I have no other O2 devices. When i try to add the dongle to my O2,it requires a text message from the number attached to the sim.

Obviously not going to happen. Any ideas?? 

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12396 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1149 Solutions

Can you put the sim into a phone to receive the text @Neilg677 ?

Be aware that unless the sim is specifically a data sim you might get issues using it in a dongle...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12396 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1149 Solutions

Can you put the sim into a phone to receive the text @Neilg677 ?

Be aware that unless the sim is specifically a data sim you might get issues using it in a dongle...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147214 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28300 Solutions

@Neilg677 

Your sim is capable of receiving sms messages and you can login the the dongles control panel to see them.

Full instructions should be with your device or Goggle for the info relating to the exact device you have.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 3