Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Esim swap

Mark456
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I’ve just purchased a new iphone and tried to transfer esim but had a message on iPhone dosen’t support this and to contact them

I phone o2 and it was as if I was the first person to ask this question, they first wanted to disconnect my current sim and then send another and then said I should delete esim from current phone and then use the old esim pack to connect to new phone

Has anyone had experience of this, I am just a bit sceptical that will not work and will be left without phone, I am knowhere near a o2 store unfortunately 

Thanks for help

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145948 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28087 Solutions

@Mark456 

You can't transfer an esim to another phone, you need a new esim pack.

If you ask O2 to send one to you, they will disconnect your old sim immediately, so you will be without coverage.

In store is the only option to avoid loss of service.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145948 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28087 Solutions

@Mark456 

You can't transfer an esim to another phone, you need a new esim pack.

If you ask O2 to send one to you, they will disconnect your old sim immediately, so you will be without coverage.

In store is the only option to avoid loss of service.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 2 of 7

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 6973 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1560 Solutions

Just check My O2 in the SIM Swap section. If you have been moved to the new 360 system you can get one there. If, not it's back to the drawing board.

Having used ESIMs on Vodafone and O2, Vodafone simply send out an email with instructions and the QR code. Seem a bit difficult for O2

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 3 of 7

Mark456
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Many thanks for your help, glad I didn’t take notice of the o2 rep, they tried to get me to delete esim whilst on the call and they couldn’t understand that the call would then be disconnected, I wish I’d stuck with a physical sim that takes 2 seconds to swap, another giant leap backwards

Message 4 of 7

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23388 Posts
  • 1032 Topics
  • 3725 Solutions

@Mark456 It isn't the introduction of the esim that's a giant leap backwards. It's O2's idiotic policy of disconnecting customers as soon as they order a new sim before it arrives and leaving them without service that's the problem. Whoever thought that would be a good idea needs to be sectioned. The rep who told you to delete the esim while you were on the call doesn't have a working brain cell either. O2's customer service is in a sorry state.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 7

Mark456
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Bambino wrote:

@Mark456 It isn't the introduction of the esim that's a giant leap backwards. It's O2's idiotic policy of disconnecting customers as soon as they order a new sim before it arrives and leaving them without service that's the problem. Whoever thought that would be a good idea needs to be sectioned. The rep who told you to delete the esim while you were on the call doesn't have a working brain cell either. O2's customer service is in a sorry state.

Yes agree, doesn’t make sense, a esim should save waste but they are creating more.

Had a email this afternoon from rep to say it was the wrong advice they gave and they would post a new esim, they phoned shortly afterwards and assured me my line wouldn’t be disconnected until the new esim arrived but guess what an hour ago my current esim went dead, oh well certainly won’t recommend O2 to anyone, this is an appalling service

Message 6 of 7

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 6973 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1560 Solutions

They don't seem to know how the new system works. They can promise all they like but the computer says 'no'.

I was fortunate with mine getting it through My O2. No trips to shops and no waiting for packs to arrive.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 7 of 7