cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESim request to customer services has disconnected me!

Chateau57
Level 1: Joiner
  • 22 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am about to take a delivery of a new iPhone 14. As I plan to use an eSIM in my new phone, I called Customer Services today to request an eSIM pack to be sent out (containing the QR code. I need to install it on my new phone).

The advisor told me that it would take three working days or maybe slightly more because of the Christmas post.

Shortly after the call ended. I noticed that I was disconnected from the O2 network on my current phone (which also uses an eSIM). I now have no working phone on the O2 network and my new phone, for which I ordered the same does not turn up for another four or five days.

my wife bought a new iPhone recently and went into an O2 shop to pick up an eSIM pack with a QR code. This was left to one side until she had the new phone delivered a couple of days later…..

it appears 30th one, requests and eSIM/Sim swap with Customer Services disconnects your current Sim from the network more or less immediately! It appears had I gone into an O2 shop and requested an eSIM pack then my phone would still be working until such time as I got a new phone and swapped it over using the swap my Sim process. 

Help !!

Message 1 of 34
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145516 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27934 Solutions

Something very wrong with this system @Martin-O2 @Breanna @RafaC 

Needs feeding back to O2.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 34
33 REPLIES 33

MI5
  • 145516 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27934 Solutions

@Chateau57 

Check your MyO2. 

If on the new billing system, it will be there for you.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 2 of 34

Chateau57
  • 22 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am on thé new billing system and I’ve seen the facility to download an eSIM from the My O2 app before…. However, as I no longer have any service on the O2 network on my existing phone, the, My O2 app wants to send me a text message with a security code in it, which of course I will never receive now as I’m no longer on the O2 network.

it would seem that requesting an eSIM from customer service generates a Sim swap request, which immediately disconnects  your phone from the network, whereas going into an O2 shop and picking up an eSim pack with a QR code doesn’t?!

Message 3 of 34

MI5
  • 145516 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27934 Solutions

@Chateau57 

Try your MyO2 online https://mymobile.o2.co.uk/

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 4 of 34

Chateau57
  • 22 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

it’s still wants to send a code to my phone  …..

Message 5 of 34

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23326 Posts
  • 1031 Topics
  • 3711 Solutions

I will tag an online advisor who will hopefully be able to assist you.
@O2nath_ci or @O2Emma  can you please help @Chateau57?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 34

Chateau57
  • 22 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I feel there is a real trap for the unwary here as an eSIM request made via Customer Services generates a Sim swap, disconnects your current phone from the network.

using the QR code in a printed eSIM pack, gives you much more control and you initiate the swap when you have the new phone available.

Message 7 of 34

Chateau57
  • 22 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

thank you, I’m a bit stuck with this!!!

Message 8 of 34

MI5
  • 145516 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27934 Solutions

Something very wrong with this system @Martin-O2 @Breanna @RafaC 

Needs feeding back to O2.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 9 of 34

O2Emma
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Hi @Bambino I will pick this up thanks.

@O2Simon can you pick this up please.

signature
Message 10 of 34