cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My calls are being cut short......server unreachable.

Tolkienista
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 34 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It's a long time since I've been on here, but in the last two weeks I've been having problems making calls from my home. A minute or two in, the call terminates and the screen reads "server unreachable"

I have wi- fi enabled on my phone, but does O2 need to do something too? as I've read on other posts that O2 needs to enable it too.

I had a similar problem back in September/October 2022, I just couldn't make any calls at one point from my home. I ended up buying a new phone with wi-fi enablement and all was good, now this has suddenly cropped up.

Any thoughts?

I'm very reluctant to call O2 because my experience with customer services is extremely hit and miss. Different call handlers give different advice and back in '22 I was literally going round & round in circles with nothing working, so in the end I updated my phone.

Thanks for reading this far & I appreciate any help you can provide.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146687 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28243 Solutions

@Tolkienista 

As it's partially working the issue is likely to be with O2.

You could try forgetting your wifi connection, rebooting your router and trying again, but if that doesn't work you may be forced to endure customer services again, which hasn't got any better since 2022 unfortunately.

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 5

Tolkienista
  • 34 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hhmmm that sounds technical....."rebooting my router" absolutely no idea how to do that.

However I do think I'll have to call customer services, but from past experience this platform is way better for support and advice.

Thanks.

Message 3 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146687 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28243 Solutions

@Tolkienista wrote:

Hhmmm that sounds technical....."rebooting my router" absolutely no idea how to do that.

@Tolkienista 

Turn it off and wait 60 seconds before turning back on, then wait for it to boot up fully.

Check wifi is working on another device, then reconnect your phone.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 5

Tolkienista
  • 34 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5 thanks for your reply. Of course I should have known that, used to reboot my router all the time when I was with Sky.

So I'll give it a go tomorrow.

Thanks.

Message 5 of 5