Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESIM still activating after 7 days.

World33
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Having migrated over from Virgin, I was happy that I would now be able to use my cellular apple watch that virgin didn't support. Having followed the Apple Watch instructions I purchased an ESIM on the 17th July, the sim is still showing as activating on my phone & being processed in my account orders. I have this morning changed the APN settings from Virgin to O2 thinking that may be the problem. Tried online help through the App but always busy and try later! Any hints, tricks, advice appreciated. 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149586 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions

@World33 

We’re just customers like you but it sounds like you’ll need someone to access your account which can’t be done from here. If you message O2 on Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG) , they should be able to help you with this
Thanks

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 8

World33
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Tried both Twitter & Insta, no responses. Bot chat constantly error and refresh 😞 

Message 3 of 8

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7980 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 1653 Solutions

@World33 wrote:

Tried both Twitter & Insta, no responses. Bot chat constantly error and refresh 😞 

Since they have removed all the account advisors from here we are stuck in what else to suggest other than persist

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 4 of 8

MI5
  • 149586 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions

@World33 wrote:

@World33 

Nothing else we can do here for you sorry.

Keep trying all channels for support from O2.

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 5 of 8

World33
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for your advice. Having spoken to a very nice gentleman with slightly broken English. I am reliably informed as I purchased the Phone Direct from Apple, an O2 ESIM won't work. You need to purchase your watch from O2. I am now off to EE slight_smile 

Message 6 of 8

MI5
  • 149586 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions

lol. 

Another customer lost because CS don't know what the f* they are talking about.

Mind you, going to EE is probably the best decision you've made today wink

Message 7 of 8

j1mmy
  • 5 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've just followed suit. I tried for a week to get it resolved. All my messages to O2's social media team via DM on twitter, insta and fb went completely ignored. Managed to port very efficiently to EE and their setup process was straightforward. EE are generally more expensive but I was able to get a sim only deal a bit cheaper than my current O2 plan, which was lucky. Apple Watch air time plan was £2 more than O2, but it actually works, so that's a bonus 😂

Message 8 of 8