cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch Ultra Disconnecting from Cellular Data and only connects again if watch is restarted

mobileappz
Level 3: Thinker
  • 35 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I'm experiencing some issues with the cellular connection on an Apple Watch Ultra. The cellular data connection drops and does not come back unless the Watch is restarted. This problems occurs when using the  watch for cellular features. ie when it is not connected on a Wifi or iPhone connection. This is in an area with good 4G cellular coverage, the network coverage is not causing the problem.

The Apple Watch connects to cellular data when it's first switched on, and it works and can receive data. It says when you tap on the cellular bars:

"Mobile Data - O2 UK - 4G". And it says when on tapping the big green cellular icon: Status: Connected.

The problem is when moving to an area of low signal, then back to the full signal area, it is impossible for the Watch to reconnect to a full signal, even when clearly back in the full signal area. 

It says when you tap on the cellular bars, even when moving back in to the 4G area:

"Mobile Data - O2 UK". And it says when on tapping the big green cellular icon: Status: Loading.

The only way to cellular data reception back is to restart the Apple Watch. This obviously resets the data connection.

I have tried all the usual remedies: Unpair and factory reset Apple Watch, Remove and re-add Apple Watch data plan in the Apple Watch App on the iPhone, switch cellular data on and off on Watch and switch flight mode on and off on Watch. However the only way it regains data reception is restarting the Apple Watch.

Message 1 of 233
232 REPLIES 232

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37052 Posts
  • 238 Topics
  • 1685 Solutions

@pgn wrote:

@Annamasouras wrote:

@O2Sarah-

I have had data connection issues with my iwatch Ultra - I’ve just deleted the data plan through the watch app on my phone - as some have suggested doing, now getting reference code 14 - please advise!

@O2Helen01 is on this afternoon, @Annamasouras - watch out for a message from her shortly. Good luck.

And on into the evening, if Helen01 is busy, is @O2Emma, @Annamasouras - good luck!

Message 181 of 233

O2Emma
Former Staff
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Hi @pgn I will pick this up thanks.

signature
Message 182 of 233

O2Emma
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Hi @Annamasouras I will send you a private message to look into this for you.

signature
Message 183 of 233

O2Helen01
  • 33 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for the tag @pgn  . @Annamasouras  I'm going to send you a message privately and we can discuss your issue further.

Message 184 of 233

HTom_123
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi - help! @O2Helen01 @O2Emma 

I have been encountering the same issues, and tried to follow the fix above in regards to cancelling / readding as a new 'tariff' however was told a merge of the watch and phone tariff into one would be more beneficial. Can i ask for some further assistance from one of the experts please?

Message 185 of 233

O2Emma
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Hi @HTom_123 I will send you a private message to look into this for you.

signature
Message 186 of 233

HTom_123
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks - responded...

Message 187 of 233

Rup95
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Evening @O2Emma & @O2Helen01.

I am writing concerning my Apple Watch Ultra, which I have experienced 4G connectivity issues with since it became apparent 1.5+ months ago during a long-distance run. Mobile service is clearly provided to the watch (calls & SMS) although there is no cellular data. I migrated from my previous Watch SE and have been using it in exactly the same areas where I had coverage before. The sync plan was assigned to my new watch, and all traces of the previous watch were removed from my O2 account and Apple ID. Both my watch and iPhone have the latest software updates installed. I witness the status 'Loading...' display which is followed by 'No connection' under the mobile data shortcut on the watch.

Your colleagues have assisted by trying to reset the eSIM on 3/4 occasions, having initially received the error code 14. More recently, I was assigned a replacement eSIM yet still no luck, unfortunately. I would like to understand if you think there may be any further possible solutions for this.

Best Regards,

Rupert

Message 188 of 233

O2Emma
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Hi @Rup95 I will send you a private message to look into this for you.

signature
Message 189 of 233

SebastianT
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I wish I had a better experience but ... not only the 30 days term wasn't something they could wave, I was also told that the package I am on now Apple Watch wise (Unlimited Data), will cost me over twice if I re instate this service. Are the issues with transfer down to O2 or Apple? If O2, it seems pretty bad if disconnecting and re instating is the only option, and I will end up paying twice + for the sams service I cannot use since approx. October 2022.

Can O2 kindly get back to me please? Thank you

Message 190 of 233