cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch Ultra Disconnecting from Cellular Data and only connects again if watch is restarted

mobileappz
Level 3: Thinker
  • 35 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I'm experiencing some issues with the cellular connection on an Apple Watch Ultra. The cellular data connection drops and does not come back unless the Watch is restarted. This problems occurs when using the  watch for cellular features. ie when it is not connected on a Wifi or iPhone connection. This is in an area with good 4G cellular coverage, the network coverage is not causing the problem.

The Apple Watch connects to cellular data when it's first switched on, and it works and can receive data. It says when you tap on the cellular bars:

"Mobile Data - O2 UK - 4G". And it says when on tapping the big green cellular icon: Status: Connected.

The problem is when moving to an area of low signal, then back to the full signal area, it is impossible for the Watch to reconnect to a full signal, even when clearly back in the full signal area. 

It says when you tap on the cellular bars, even when moving back in to the 4G area:

"Mobile Data - O2 UK". And it says when on tapping the big green cellular icon: Status: Loading.

The only way to cellular data reception back is to restart the Apple Watch. This obviously resets the data connection.

I have tried all the usual remedies: Unpair and factory reset Apple Watch, Remove and re-add Apple Watch data plan in the Apple Watch App on the iPhone, switch cellular data on and off on Watch and switch flight mode on and off on Watch. However the only way it regains data reception is restarting the Apple Watch.

Message 1 of 233
232 REPLIES 232

O2Sarah-
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @GeorgeR

I will send you a private message so we can check your account. 

Message 161 of 233

Spayne
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @O2Ellie can you please have a look at my issue as well. None of the engineers have been able to fix the issue so far. Sounds similar to the issues in this thread. Currently watch shows no Sim and no connection. When I try adding a data plan it show a message saying to quote code 14????

Message 162 of 233

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123883 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7496 Solutions

@Spayne  It's @O2Ryan the account advisor who is on this morning from 8am. I've tagged him to the post and hopefully he'll be able to help you 😉

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 163 of 233

O2Ellie
  • 68 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi @Spayne I will private message you and see if I can help with the issue you are having. 😊

signature
Message 164 of 233

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123883 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7496 Solutions

A bit confused @O2Ellie? On the rota for today @O2Ryan was meant to be on from 08.00- 14.00 and your name wasn't on the rota at all? 🤔

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 165 of 233

RichT001
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Same issue here, please can someone from O2 get in touch?

Message 166 of 233

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12209 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1135 Solutions

Have you been in touch with customer services @RichT001 by calling 202 from your mobile or messaging on social media:

Facebook ( https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter ( https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram ( https://o2uk.co/O2CIG)?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 167 of 233

RichT001
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes I have, it seems to be sorted. O2 really need to train their staff on this known issue, as 4 people didn't have a clue how to sort it, but I finally got through to someone with some common sense.

Message 168 of 233

alphadynamic
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm in the same boat, extremely frustrated. Picked up my AWU on Tuesday and just tested the cellular connection, it's never once been able to connect without being tethered to iPhone or Wi-Fi. 

Took earlier advice in thread and removed the O2 Plan, trying to reinstall and getting the reference code 14 message on watch app. 

Extremely disappointed that this is clearly a known issue and O2 are still selling this product with these issues... 

Can someone please advise, I shudder at the thought of calling tech support. 

@O2Ellie @O2Sarah  Can either of you two help me please? 

Message 169 of 233

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37108 Posts
  • 238 Topics
  • 1686 Solutions

@alphadynamic wrote:

I'm in the same boat, extremely frustrated. Picked up my AWU on Tuesday and just tested the cellular connection, it's never once been able to connect without being tethered to iPhone or Wi-Fi. 

Took earlier advice in thread and removed the O2 Plan, trying to reinstall and getting the reference code 14 message on watch app. 

Extremely disappointed that this is clearly a known issue and O2 are still selling this product with these issues... 

Can someone please advise, I shudder at the thought of calling tech support. 

@O2Ellie @O2Sarah  Can either of you two help me please? 

It's @O2Sarah- who will be on after 8am, @alphadynamic - watch out for a message from them looking for further details from you. Good luck!

Message 170 of 233