cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

when i buy a pay as you go 02 phone, is the £10 sim a one off payment thing ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

when i buy a pay as you go 02 phone (outright from the website), is the £10 sim a one off payment thing, I see it doesnt allow me to add the phone to the basket unless I select a tarrif/bundle/sim ?

I have noticed on the 02 website that in order to be able to get the phone into the purchase/buy basket, I first have to click on a £10 pay as you go deal, hmmmm ?

I am wary about this as the 02 agent said it was pay as you go with "no contract (just as I want)", but it wasnt until afterwards that I noticed this when attempting to purchase the phone that In order to be able to get the actual phone into the purchase/buy basket I first of all had to click on a pay as you go deal, so I seen one for £10 and picked that.

After that the phone was then in the purchase/buy basket, same price, I didnt get charged the extra £10 and the delivery is free too.

Reason why things like this worry me is I dont want tied to or roped into being tied to the £10 per month etc, you know what I mean ?

I could possibly want to have the phone unlocked and use another provider (maybe), thats the whole reason why I want to purchase a phone as a one off payment with no hidden ties per month, know what I mean ?.

Am I simply worrying about nothing here ? ? Is this what 02 do automatically to try and get you to stay with them and use their service etc, I.E - the phone wouldnt be any good to anyone if it didnt have any sim ??

I just want to double check this before I purchase because I dont want tied into anything.

Thanks my friends and sorry for dragging this on and on, lol. xx

(p.s, I still havent purchased yet because of this, so I am desperate for an answer quickly, hope someone can help, thank you all slight_smile )

Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would suggest @Cleoriff that I was talking to Sales Live Chat instead of CS in which case it was probably UK based.

As we know Vodafone's customer service is LEGENDARY and only made to look good by BT Openreach. That said o2 are giving them both a run for their money in the s**ttiest CS stakes.
Message 31 of 32

Cleoriff
  • 123408 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
I would suggest @Cleoriff that I was talking to Sales Live Chat instead of CS in which case it was probably UK based.

As we know Vodafone's customer service is LEGENDARY and only made to look good by BT Openreach. That said o2 are giving them both a run for their money in the s**ttiest CS stakes.

And as we know Nick...it can always depend on whoever you speak to...and how you speak to them...:smileysad:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 32 of 32