cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 Insurance replacement phone wrong!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sent my Galaxy S8+ in for a repair. Recieved my replacement phone today and they have sent me a regular S8!!

My question is will they take this back and replace it with an S8 +? Do they really expect me to pay for an S8+ on a pay monthly contract whilst they have given me an S8.

Really frustrated by this. After a week of not having my phone I am now expecting an ongoing saga with o2 just trying to get a handset that I am paying for back!

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

So I gave the O2 insurance team a call this morning and they have said it was an error on their end. Whatever code they had on their system linked the phone to an S8+ however upon checking the IMEI number they saw that it was in fact an S8.
An S8+ will be sent out tomorrow and they will collect the S8 which they have sent out.
I was not able to get a black S8+ due to stock however I am happy with this as I am still getting "like for like".

Will give you all closure tomorrow once I recieve the second replacement.

I will say this was all done in 5 mins over the phone and the advisor (Amy) that I spoke to was really helpful so I will give them that. 

Message 11 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

Great to see a satisfactory outcome @Anonymous

Message 12 of 20

Cleoriff
  • 122909 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Excellent news @Anonymous. Please come back and let us know when you receive the phone. Perseverance does pay off at times wink

Great to hear the advisor was so helpful...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 20

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144318 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Good to hear it was quickly resolved.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 14 of 20

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Glad to see this was quickly resolved for you @Anonymous! Welcome back to the community btw. wink

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 15 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
Received Orchid grey S8+ today. DPD did a swap. Happy outcome even if the phone isn't in the colour I had originally.
Message 16 of 20

MI5
  • 144318 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Good news slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 17 of 20

Cleoriff
  • 122909 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Great outcome @Anonymous Something good about O2 insurance after all (they certainly worked quickly on this one)  Smiley Very Happy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 18 of 20

jonsie
  • 93224 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Great you got it sorted @Anonymous seems I'll have to maybe revise my opinion about O2 Insure......well maybe....

Message 19 of 20

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Nice one @Anonymous I'm happy you're happy with the outcome! wink

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 20 of 20