Did you mean: 

iMessage and FaceTime not working

Dave24
Level 1: Joiner
  • 11 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello,
I have just ported my number over from Virgin to O2 and ever since that took place I cannot activate Facetime or iMessage on my iphone13.
I have carried out the following:
1) Switched off and on

2) reset all network settings

3) Restored phone completely

My Number is showing the correct number.

I have tried contacting o2 "customer service" but it is an absolute joke that starts off with an automated service that takes about 5 mins to get where you need to go and then gets out.
The chat is always busy.
As I am new to O2 I am in the calling off period, so I think I might just cancel my contract.

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

Try resetting your network connections.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 21 of 25

Eei
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have the same issue. Ported the number from Three a month ago and I hadn’t managed to activate the iMessage since. It’s O2 issue, as no normal steps of resetting the iPhone would work. 

Message 22 of 25

MI5
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@Eei 

If resetting the network settings doesn't work, you'll need to get a new blank sim from O2 and do a sim swap to activate it Guide: Sim Swap: a mini guide 2017 update 

This will resolve the conflict with the number embedded into the O2 sim card.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 23 of 25

Eei
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ok, will try that, as after resetting the network, I’ve also lost the visual voicemail 

Message 24 of 25

MI5
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@Eei 

When you speak to O2, ask them to enable iData on your account too.

Currently using:
Message 25 of 25