Did you mean: 

iMessage and FaceTime not working

Dave24
Level 1: Joiner
  • 11 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello,
I have just ported my number over from Virgin to O2 and ever since that took place I cannot activate Facetime or iMessage on my iphone13.
I have carried out the following:
1) Switched off and on

2) reset all network settings

3) Restored phone completely

My Number is showing the correct number.

I have tried contacting o2 "customer service" but it is an absolute joke that starts off with an automated service that takes about 5 mins to get where you need to go and then gets out.
The chat is always busy.
As I am new to O2 I am in the calling off period, so I think I might just cancel my contract.

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12575 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1153 Solutions

Given that you have been in touch with customer services and not got a decent response, I'll tag the community gurus in to see if they can help @Dave24 

@Anonymous  @O2Emma can you please help?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 11 of 25

O2Emma
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Hi @gmarkj I will pick this up thanks 😀

signature
Message 12 of 25

O2Emma
Former Staff
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Hi @Dave24 I can look into this for you I will send you a private message .

signature
Message 13 of 25

RachelChandler
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Emma, I am having the same issues. I have moved from EE to O2 and my iMessage won’t activate 

Message 14 of 25

Gadget34
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Did this ever get resolved? I have the same issue? I ported from Smarty to O2. I have waited 24 hours. Checked my number under settings, reset network settings, tried turning it off waiting 24 hours and turning it on.

Message 15 of 25

Gadget34
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I spoke to O2 on live chat yesterday  and they applied an iPhone bolt on apparently. Today I turned iMessage and FaceTime off, rebooted my phone and turned them back on and they have activated.

Message 16 of 25

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 148721 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28438 Solutions

@Gadget34 wrote:

I spoke to O2 on live chat yesterday  and they applied an iPhone bolt on apparently. Today I turned iMessage and FaceTime off, rebooted my phone and turned them back on and they have activated.

@Gadget34 

As I mentioned before, iData is required for it to work.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 17 of 25

AndiB
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Has this issue ever been resolved? I have exactly the same issue. I ported my number from Sky mobile to O2 on my iPhone 11, and ever since then I have not been able to link my phone number to iMessage or FaceTime. I have spent the weekend on the phone to Apple and O2, and have even been into the O2 store where I have been given a replacement sim, but all to no avail. O2 believes that the issue is with the device, however this afternoon I inserted a new Vodafone pay as you go sim into my phone, and the new phone number automatically linked to both iMessage and FaceTime without any issue at all. This makes me think that it’s not a device issue at all!

Message 18 of 25

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12575 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1153 Solutions

Have you tried editing the number in Settings>Phone>My number @AndiB ?
If yes and it didn't work, you'll need to ask o2 to send a new blank sim out, and then swap to that one.

Once you do that you should be able to edit the number, save and reboot and it should be fine.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 19 of 25

AndiB
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi gmarkj. Yes I’ve done all that and had a replacement sim. Nothing has worked though. 

Message 20 of 25